2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use Coleman and Digne as wide option, Don’t see what Iwobi can offer, his goals and assists ratio is so low. Same as Gomes.

I was hoping Bernard, King, Iwobi would work out but it does look like Holgate-Keane-Mina-Godfrey back 4 and then Coleman-Allan-James/Siggy-Digne DCL & Richy would be the best choice First X! for now

I wonder what warranted someone to make the decision to spend all that money on him. Imagine the scenes at arsenal when that bid came in for him. They must have thought it was a prank, and when the reality set it that it was real they partied for a week.

Good little thread on Iwobi for people criticising him. He was doing his bit before the formation changed and he was pushed RW again.

I would keep him as a option in the middle and sell a few others first

Another player who is listed in most peoples "Deadwood" list.

But unfortunately no one wants him because he isnt any good, definitely not top half PL quality, if we do sell him we would take a substantial hit in the 10s of millions. Most likely scenario is he will sit on his Everton contract until it runs out whilst being loaned out to clubs whilst we pay the bulk of his wages!!! Another leach, just what we need.

Good little thread on Iwobi for people criticising him. He was doing his bit before the formation changed and he was pushed RW again.

What Iwobi does there is very basic, and nothing special. There is a lot that is hyped up, which is just completely standard stuff. Iwobi is an ok player with good technical skills, but what he has shown in the Everton kit is not good enough. At the same time, there were 11 players with a very bad day yesterday, and Iwobi was no worse than others.

He had a good 10 minutes yes but thats hardly enough. The system was geared to accommodate him and it meant we got annihilated in midfield. You need to be absolutely exceptional to play as a no.10 and its even tougher to compete when you also have 2 strikers.

His second half performance was abject

Taking on board the point that his preferred/best position is the no 10 role but 1) we don’t really play it and 2) what we needed when we bought him was someone to carry the ball and create chances/be a goal threat hence why we were chasing zaha.

Really poor signing for me - the price we paid was ridiculous- who else was going to pay that money, the reaction on here was telling - never seen such a tepid response to a big money signing.

As someone said earlier he’s on his way to being loaned out for most of his Everton career before his contract runs out. When you see Leeds buying the likes of raphina it’s a black mark against brands for me - how does anyone think buying someone whose not good enough for a top English side is going to help us overhaul them (in the long run).

Status
Not open for further replies.