We need to get back to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reality is we've been derailed by injuries. Our first team, when fielded has the capability of beating any team in the league, officials permitting. Trouble is they can't play together often enough due to sheer bad luck on the injury front, or losing their edge due to fixture pile up.

I'm not bemoaning our luck like a rs would. These things are inevitable in a season, and you ameliorate them with squad depth, which currently isn't of sufficient quality because we are Carlo's work in progress.

What gives me hope is we are now a team that can threaten top sides but frustratingly lose to lower sides that. I remember a Chelsea fan mate of mine bemoaning the same pattern some 16 years ago just before they started doing monotonously well.

Reality is we've been derailed by injuries. Our first team, when fielded has the capability of beating any team in the league, officials permitting. Trouble is they can't play together often enough due to sheer bad luck on the injury front, or losing their edge due to fixture pile up.

I'm not bemoaning our luck like a rs would. These things are inevitable in a season, and you ameliorate them with squad depth, which currently isn't of sufficient quality because we are Carlo's work in progress.

What gives me hope is we are now a team that can threaten top sides but frustratingly lose to lower sides that. I remember a Chelsea fan mate of mine bemoaning the same pattern some 16 years ago just before they started doing monotonously well.
Pretty much sums up my thoughts on this. For me personally, I didn't set the bar for expectations that high for this season. Still there has undoubtedly been progress. Both for individual players as in team effort.

At the same time there is still enormous room for improvement and some glaring shortcomings. In the main, I do think however that we're finally on the right track. It will take time though. Hoping for another impressive summer in the transfermarket and keep building from there.

It will take time, but imo we're steadily moving in the right direction.

This has been good for us since carlo arrived. But we are not good enough to play the way he wants. We laugh at Liverpools home record. No worse than ours. We signed world names. Our best signing was a lad from Norwich. We flatter to deceive, new stadium coming we need to accept what we have. Not sure what that is
We will never move advance or move upwards if we accept mediocrity, we must keep striving and moving in the right direction, it's not going to happen overnight but I'm sure there's a long term plan in place and maybe another two seasons we will be worthy of challenging for everything, yes it's painful at the moment, especially at home but don't lose faith with us getting there.

We need 3-4 Carlo signings in the summer. Then we see next season. However I fear, we'll never get where we want to go...
Carlo needs to stay clear of signings i fear. His two ex players James and Allan are nearly 30 coming to the end, we need long term vision...... not that Allan and James have been poor.

Leeds, Newcastle, West Ham, Fulham, Burnley all at home. That’s 15 points. We would be like 2nd if we get these wins that we should be winning. Hope the fans are back to Goodison there is no way these players will perform like these at home when fans are in the ground.

Starting RB, RW, CM are a must. Minimum.

Our midfield continues to be the weak point for me. The midfieldshould be the heart of the team, whether it be digging in when under the cosh, fighting to win the Ball back or driving forward when in possession. our main issue is that we are Only capable of doing the to a good level when Alan, Doucs and James are all fit and performing. How often has that happened? Our issue is we don’t have another quality midfielder to rotate one of the others out when they are struggling.

We still have Alot of winnable games coming up, and we have always bounced back well.... Still good chance of europa

The reality is for a whole host of reasons, we've folded like a pack of cards.
I'm just listening now to the radio and not one mention of us whilst talking of top six finishing. Go back three weeks and we were bigging ourselves up to finish runners up.
Who in their right mind would look at any of our remaining fixtures with confidence.
Its oh so predictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.