Match Thread Everton vs Burnley - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The mantra is Everton That Mike, we’ve tried to bury that at times this season, yes we’ve had games like United and Fulham that still prove it but largely we are pulling away from it in my eyes

We are still failing to turn up far too often. The mentality tonight was appalling again. No one fancied winning their individual battles and no one took responsibility to drive the team forward. They have a weak mentality and are letting the club and manager down.

Not surprised at all, especially today , last season team except Allan , how we can expect more or better ? Based of what , they been proved so many time this season without Allan and James that they cant do any better and just one player like James makes difference in case we have to attack abbe create something, to play away we still have chances and we managed to do great this season using a quick transition almost to perfection but to be dominant at home you need more creativity , as I predicted after away loses vs Southampton and Newcastle I am expecting us to finish between 8-10 spot , anything above I would be very surprised and impressed
Beating Burnley at home when they are 1 win out of 10 isnt about expecting more or being better, even with last years squad we should be beating them. If it was a one-off then we wouldve every right to say 'we have no right to think we should be beating teams due to league position' but its now the norm. We have lost more games at goodison than we have won, and i think if you look back across every league fixture this season we wouldnt have been the best side in 50% of our games. Our position is fortuitous if we are being honest.

I think we've come to the end of our challenge for Europe, just run out of ideas.Dourcoure is a big loss, nobody to replace that energy.
The season is far from a waste. It's highlighted our shortcomings brilliantly. But it's season after season after season. We hardly ever move on.
I was half heartedly going to say just watch we'll do City in the Cup and all will be forgotten then I saw their subs bench tonight, De Bruyne, Forden, Gurdovein however you spell it. We've got no effing chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.