We need to get back to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been good for us since carlo arrived. But we are not good enough to play the way he wants. We laugh at Liverpools home record. No worse than ours. We signed world names. Our best signing was a lad from Norwich. We flatter to deceive, new stadium coming we need to accept what we have. Not sure what that is
No, we laugh at Liverpool going like 3 years without losing at home then all of a sudden losing 6 in a row or whatever it is.

The worry is that there’s a lot of holes to fill in that side and kean aside very few sellable assets

It’s a team littered with internationals and apparently up coming youngsters. There’s something wrong with the mentality, be that individually not being up to the pressure, the nature of club behind the scenes being too relaxed or whatever.
This squad is technically capable, the manager is supremely capable, something is holding this club back and I trust Carlo and the owner(s) to work it out and get it sorted.
It’s how long it’s looking like taking thats the painful bit.
The squad is not technically capable for top 6. The touch passing and crossing of particular players is poor. There are some decent players in the squad but not enough. I would agree with the lax attitude. I wouldn't say it shockingly bad just we dont have that real winners mentality and work rate.

Back to reality, ope there goes gravity..,

The reality is this season is a pile of garbage all round. The truncated end of last season and the entirety of this one are a sham to keep the money men happy.

So long as we have good transfer window in the summer and we have at least a half full stadium in august then I’ll start really caring again.

If everyone is fit and available,I still think we have an excellent starting eleven and bench,the problem is injuries and suspensions will always come into play and when you scratch under the surface it's another square pegs in round holes job,mix and match,the team then becomes disjointed and lacks direction,we still need to move on half a dozen in our squad who are patently not good enough,bring in better replacements and probably add another two/three on top of that,it's a long process and it won't happen in one summer window!!

I never lost reality. Only twerps and fantasists raved about the top 4. We are a mid table club, no threat to the top or fear of the bottom. Live with it.
Whilst I agree we don't need to give Carlo wheelbarrows full of gold to finish midtable. There are much cheaper managers who could do that for us. We lost to one yesterday. Next season, a good window and more progressive style of play are a necessity.

Status
Not open for further replies.