2020/21 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's out for awhile Carlo really shouldn't do the whole square peg thing, just bring in Onyango a bit. Yes he's young but he should be serviceable in that position.

Nowhere near ready. Not when we're going for a European push.

Just tweak the system. Davies and Allan sitting and play 4-2-3-1 if needs be.

Kid gloves have to come off with Gbamin now too. Has to be back in training soon.

Just have to crack on without him. Big loss but part of the game. We coped with absence of Allan for so long. I’m hoping now it leaves the chance for Allan to be more adventurous with Davies sitting deeper.

If we get Euro next season we have to buy another box to box cm as alternative when he’s out or for rotation. It’s like no one in the squad has the energy like him.
A good box to box player is always usually an asset to any team.
Scouts looking for any age group should always be on the lookout for such a player and coached in that position.

Fractures can heal quite quickly if they are small but I'd say we're talking 6 weeks minimum. Best case scenario is probably he's back for our final 5 or 6 league games.

I'd expect to see him again this season, but could be only a handful of games.

Yep, sorry meant to say, start of May

Nowhere near ready. Not when we're going for a European push.

Just tweak the system. Davies and Allan sitting and play 4-2-3-1 if needs be.

Kid gloves have to come off with Gbamin now too. Has to be back in training soon.
I didn't necessarily mean start, I meant actually get game time tho. Like 10 minutes at the end of a match. Playing Gomes and Sigurdsson every match is going to kill us..

I didn't necessarily mean start, I meant actually get game time tho. Like 10 minutes at the end of a match. Playing Gomes and Sigurdsson every match is going to kill us..
Maybe, but there's very little evidence that he's actually ready mate. He's only 17/18?

He's a big player but doesn't exactly look powerful yet - as you'd expect at that age.

Maybe, but there's very little evidence that he's actually ready mate. He's only 17/18?

He's a big player but doesn't exactly look powerful yet - as you'd expect at that age.
We played Tom Davies at 17/18. I'd say Davies issue is talent holding him back, not because he was introduced too early.

We played Tom Davies at 17/18. I'd say Davies issue is talent holding him back, not because he was introduced too early.

I think Davies clearly was 'ready' though. I haven't seen anything of Onyango in the 23s to suggest that he's ready for the step up.

We'll see, but throwing him in and asking us to do the job of probably what's proved to be our most important midfielder seems a large order.

I think Davies clearly was 'ready' though. I haven't seen anything of Onyango in the 23s to suggest that he's ready for the step up.

We'll see, but throwing him in and asking us to do the job of probably what's proved to be our most important midfielder seems a large order.
Again, I didn't say start, I said get him involved. Don't disagree that's he's very raw. I said "play him for 10 minutes" instead of the 0 he gets now. We need some option.

Status
Not open for further replies.