3 issues to be addressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radzinski radishes

Player Valuation: Free Transfer
Inappropriate Language
Is anyone else getting frustrated by this tendency to pass back all the time? Allan, davies, keane, holgate and even Gomez are serious culprits. I noticed it in a big way against United and it's the same [Poor language removed] yarn since then. DCL and Richarldson are busting a gut up front and no one is trying to find them. I'd much prefer losing the possession with an audacious through ball then keeping it tiky tak

2. Not keeping possession
This is a major issue. Chelsea were knocking the ball around tonight like any team should when they are protecting a lead. When we're ahead it's just 'sit back and absorb'. Against teams like man city this is going to have crucified.

3. Not pressing enough
Ashley Cole alluded to this after the west Brom game. He said 'they dont run enough off the ball for my liking. If you're chasing your dreams you've got to work much harder'. This is spot on. The aggression and pressure in the second half tonight was excellent, but why arent they like this every game? Why does it take going 2 nil down? A Guardiola side suffocates you, the pressure is immense and you dont get a chance to think. Coleman, davies and allan have great intensity, but I just wish there was this desire aggression from the whole side. Love to see players doubling up and crowding out the opposition. Can't understand why it requires a 2-0 deficit to motivate them into playing like demons.

All these issues can be rectified in a single team talk. Cant understand why they're reappearing game after game. Anyone else notice this lack of intensity and aggression?

Is anyone else getting frustrated by this tendency to pass back all the time? Allan, davies, keane, holgate and even Gomez are serious culprits. I noticed it in a big way against United and it's the same [Poor language removed] yarn since then. DCL and Richarldson are busting a gut up front and no one is trying to find them. I'd much prefer losing the possession with an audacious through ball then keeping it tiky tak

2. Not keeping possession
This is a major issue. Chelsea were knocking the ball around tonight like any team should when they are protecting a lead. When we're ahead it's just 'sit back and absorb'. Against teams like man city this is going to have crucified.

3. Not pressing enough
Ashley Cole alluded to this after the west Brom game. He said 'they dont run enough off the ball for my liking. If you're chasing your dreams you've got to work much harder'. This is spot on. The aggression and pressure in the second half tonight was excellent, but why arent they like this every game? Why does it take going 2 nil down? A Guardiola side suffocates you, the pressure is immense and you dont get a chance to think. Coleman, davies and allan have great intensity, but I just wish there was this desire aggression from the whole side. Love to see players doubling up and crowding out the opposition. Can't understand why it requires a 2-0 deficit to motivate them into playing like demons.

All these issues can be rectified in a single team talk. Cant understand why they're reappearing game after game. Anyone else notice this lack of intensity and aggression?
They're reappearing again and again even before Carlo was here because the players in our team are largely crap. We need a really good summer window to cement ourselves as a top 6 side. We're probably 3 windows away from being a top 4 side. That's the reality imo.

We don’t have good passers from deep and enough players comfortable receiving the ball under pressure

You make weak players press too much and/or too high and you will get opened up a lot

the most obvious solution is personnel. The short term solution is what he is doing. Which is finding a way to win points.

we won’t be brilliant at any part of the game yet until we improve our options. No RB and no decent CM backup to cover injuries and every game plan is hard to execute consistently and at a high level

we will be fine

You forgot to mention Siggy as a backpass culprit. When he's in his own half especially, 9 times out of 10 it goes backwards. You're right about the other things aswell. Players too slow, too immobile, not creative enough, not good enough or confident enough on the ball. Always taking the easy option, passing back and easy to defend against. We were shown to be exactly what we are tonight, woefully bad at creating chances and a team which relies totally on soaking up pressure and hoping to Nick a lucky goal on the break. Really mediocre stuff to be frank.

Think we were tired tonight and simply didn’t fancy it. But it is becoming a recurring problem. The summer transfer window will help.

The biggest issue for me is the forward passing. We don't get the ball forward enough without launching it at DCL's head.

Then probably chance creation from open play. We don't really do it. Without our exceptional record on corners we'd be in a poor spot.

Third at the minute is probably defending on the right. Today we had a combination of Iwobi and Holgate at RB which is bad and Coleman isn't good enough now either.

We lose one game and instantly these sorts of threads appear. Our squad is trash and Carlo is doing everything wrong.

Shocker.
Our sqaud isn't great though. Carlo is doing everything right that's why we are were we are. I look forward to the summer window and hope he can attract more quality like Rodriguez and Allan

Our sqaud isn't great though. Carlo is doing everything right that's why we are were we are. I look forward to the summer window and hope he can attract more quality like Rodriguez and Allan
Our squad isnt bad, either. What it is is ravaged by injuries. Im also looking forward to the summer window, if Carlo can get us a couple more player of the quality you mention we will be real contenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.