Match Thread Chelsea vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like Davies has a part to play here - more legs than Gomes and he’s more positive with his passing - need to try and get Iceland on the ball more - he may not always show it but he does have the ability to create the chances.
Yeah gomes wants too much time on the ball and you aren’t going to get it against this Chelsea team. Would defo bring Davies on early second half.

It's a shame Carlo basically had no option in choosing who to play tonight. I'm sure he is like the rest of us and sees no positives in playing the likes of Gomes, Sigurdsson, Iwobi and Holgate, but has no option but to play them.

the bad thing about this whole pragmatic style is that it just looks so hopeless sometimes.

Can we report Chelsea players for cheating? They are playing with glue on their shoes. I see our guys (Iwobi, Gomes mainly) are playing with the ball and the moment any Chelsea player comes near, the ball automatically sticks to their boots. Our players can't compete with such unfair means.

Good in some aspects, not great in others.

I don't think Chelsea have been very good really. I also don't think we were that unlucky with the goal as we were nowhere near Alonso or Havertz.

A draw's still possible here. The two benches suggest it's only going to get harder though.

Different ball game now. We restricted them to very few chances but they have took one now so no option but to start creating for ourselves. Chelsea will not have to commit to anything now as it is them defending a lead. Question is do we have enough to create. On the showing so far we haven't but cast our mind back to Man Utd away and it will be possible. A 2nd goal for Chelsea kills this game stone dead

Siggy - not arsed about his recent games, not good enough
Iwobi - not good enough
Gomes - not good enough

They're just not good enough if you're even thinking about challenging the top 4. Replace those 3 with decent players and then maybe we'd compete. Brutal but the truth.
holgate??

Status
Not open for further replies.