Match Thread Chelsea vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Actually thought goal was Iwobis error. Holgates gone to press and is going back into the back four. Iwobi just leaves his man behind him without handing him over and goes to press. Easy through ball then and Holgates not gotten back into position.
Holgate can't be pressing out like that only for the guy to turn off of him and play a forward pass

Siggy - not arsed about his recent games, not good enough
Iwobi - not good enough
Gomes - not good enough

They're just not good enough if you're even thinking about challenging the top 4. Replace those 3 with decent players and then maybe we'd compete. Brutal but the truth.

I just wish we would pass it forward, I know we can’t do it all the time but there were a few instances where we could have.

It doesn’t help that Sigurdsson is playing deep and doesn’t tend to play forward passes from that role. Gomes only knows how to pass backwards and sideways and Allan is pretty much camped in our penalty box. Game is crying out for a James...

Pattern of the game going as expected in my view. I think on the whole, we were doing fine before the goal and since the goal. They haven’t ripped us apart, but punished us when Holgate left a big space behind him. Even then it took a jammy deflection to go in. I’ll take a draw from this, as I don’t see us getting two. Wouldn’t surprise me if we keep them out second half though, so we’ve still got a chance

We can deffo get something here.

We've largely restricted them. Two sides cancelling each other out. Defensively we've been excellent. Keane is light years ahead of those around him.

Midfield have won the ball back many times. I'd like them to keep it better but Chelsea are pressing us just as we're pressing them.

Gomes and Iwobi have played well despite what some on here are posting. Just don't get the criticism there.

Richy and DCL have worked their socks off.

More of the same Blues and we can get a result here.

We've not done bad at all. Really unlucky on the own goal.
We haven’t done badly on the whole.
Holgate at fault for the goal. Switched off.

Haven't been THAT bad except for Iwobi and Richarlison stinking the place out.
Iwobi started poorly but did very well towards the end both offensively and defensively covering Holgate. Sometimes wonder if im watching the same game!

Status
Not open for further replies.