Match Thread West Bromwich Albion vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will enjoy every minute of the 3 mins of highlights they manage to put together for MOTD lol
If they include kick off the half time whistle, 2nd half kickoff, the goal, fulltime whistle and handshakes after the game they might stretch it to 3 and a half minutes... there'll be 3 minutes of handshakes.

FML!!!! So somewhere I read the game was at 8pm. So I thought that was British time.. As it has always been midweek.. and being stuck at my desk all night working I didn't check... got the work done.. and low and blinking behold its over.. didn't even tape it... I'll take the win... was it any way enjoyable to watch?
Two good moments, Richie’s goal and when the ref. blew up for full time. Your ticker will be all the better for not watching it.

I hope all the people being really positive are right and we end up finishing 4th.

Couldn't be happier to be more wrong but I think our luck will run out and my guess is that half the people who think Ancelotti is pulling tactical masterstrokes wouldn't have been saying the same after the losses to Fulham and Newcastle.

Liven up mate, look at the team we have. Then ask yourself how we are sitting in 4th place with this team? We are the only team in this league without a whole right side. Our back up players are mostly terrible and he’s had to use most of them for about 70% of the games this season due to injuries. As well as using make shift center half’s as fullbacks. It’s bloody miraculous. Carlo isn’t immune from criticism and he takes most of the blame for our defeats to Fulham and Newcastle but mostly he’s got it spot on for us. No other Everton manager has an away record like he does for us (since 80s) no other Everton manager has took us to the pit and won comfortably pretty much by 2-0 (since 90s)

We don’t even have all our better players available or on form at the moment and we are winning. Imagine when we do?

some comments from a west brom forum:-

"Sick as a pig. Best performance in a full year."

"Proud, that's all there is to say."

"Shame. Best performance of the season I thought and hardly any long ball."

"Disappointed with the result, but delighted with the performance"

"Gutted with that really - thought it was a good performance and one where we did not deserve to lose"

"Without doubt our best performance in a defeat this season"

"Indeed. We’ve been dominated lots of times this season, but this definitely wasn’t one of them."

The West Ham defeat could easily have been a draw or 1 nil the other way. The Leicester match is a win without a Pickford error, Burnley is a win if Sigurdsson scores last kick etc etc.

Tons of these moments happen in a season. Today we were fortunate, but Liverpool and Southampton we deserved to win without doubt.

We are a side who were a mess 15 months ago and are now a competitive team. If the manager is backed then things will keep improving. Anyone expecting us to go out and wipe the floor with teams has unrealistic expectations. United have a lot more quality than us and couldn't beat that side, nor could the reds with an Anfield crowd.

We've had 3 very good results. It doesn't mean we are a great side because we aren't. But it does show a team clearly moving in the right direction.

yes Timbo

"Gutted with that really - thought it was a good performance and one where we did not deserve to lose"

"Indeed. We’ve been dominated lots of times this season, but this definitely wasn’t one of them."

Everyone raises their game against us.

We are massive.

CARLO MOTD INTERVIEW

BIG SAM MOTD INTERVIEW

It's been a dull year for them if that was their best performance.

Fair

Hinchcliffe hates Everton
Untitled-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.