Match Thread West Bromwich Albion vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've only played well in one of our last 5 games.

We're riding our luck atm, which if we don't improve our play will eventually run out.

Southampton and today could easily have been draws and everyone would be fuming, as usual.

The West Ham defeat could easily have been a draw or 1 nil the other way. The Leicester match is a win without a Pickford error, Burnley is a win if Sigurdsson scores last kick etc etc.

Tons of these moments happen in a season. Today we were fortunate, but Liverpool and Southampton we deserved to win without doubt.

We are a side who were a mess 15 months ago and are now a competitive team. If the manager is backed then things will keep improving. Anyone expecting us to go out and wipe the floor with teams has unrealistic expectations. United have a lot more quality than us and couldn't beat that side, nor could the reds with an Anfield crowd.

We've had 3 very good results. It doesn't mean we are a great side because we aren't. But it does show a team clearly moving in the right direction.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda, 3 games, 3 clean sheets, 3 wins. One ending a 20 odd year record, one ending a poor run at home, one allowing us to equal a record not matched since 1986 (record number of away wins). It’s simple. Sign of a good team when you’re winning but not playing great. Whatever way you look at it it’s positive and progress.

I hope all the people being really positive are right and we end up finishing 4th.

Couldn't be happier to be more wrong but I think our luck will run out and my guess is that half the people who think Ancelotti is pulling tactical masterstrokes wouldn't have been saying the same after the losses to Fulham and Newcastle.

FML!!!! So somewhere I read the game was at 8pm. So I thought that was British time.. As it has always been midweek.. and being stuck at my desk all night working I didn't check... got the work done.. and low and blinking behold its over.. didn't even tape it... I'll take the win... was it any way enjoyable to watch?
It was not.. just watch the goal.. or maybe the highlights which will probably be just the goal anyway.

We are allowed to expect players to be able to make simple decisions, mate.
No issues having a pop but it starts before kick off every week, same suspects, saying same stuff, got plenty on ignore to be honest now as I want a positive experience on here, its a good connection to a lot of good Toffees and is good for a laugh and some chat, im not above having a go at players but not as a goto every single time!

Forwards and Onwards we go!

Happy days are ahead for us, I can feel it!

The West Ham defeat could easily have been a draw or 1 nil the other way. The Leicester match is a win without a Pickford error, Burnley is a win if Sigurdsson scores last kick etc etc.

Tons of these moments happen in a season. Today we were fortunate, but Liverpool and Southampton we deserved to win without doubt.

We are a side who were a mess 15 months ago and are now a competitive team. If the manager is backed then things will keep improving. Anyone expecting us to go out and wipe the floor with teams has unrealistic expectations. United have a lot more quality than us and couldn't beat that side, nor could the reds with an Anfield crowd.

We've had 3 very good results. It doesn't mean we are a great side because we aren't. But it does show a team clearly moving in the right direction.

I agree with you in general, I just think some people are getting carried away with our last few results.

We're not as good as they suggest imo.

If we manager to pull off 4th it will be an incredible achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.