2020/21 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.

You're doing that classic Everton forum thing where 6 or 7 games and they've made it. Actualy its probably a football forum thing.
There's a long way yet before davies is an established answer to Evertons midfield issues. If he even is at all. It wasnt that long ago he looked knackered in games. His passing was pretty dam awful. If you keep denying that then thats your choice.
I couldnt give a flying fudge about comments on a forum. If any player gets his act together and starts to warrant a starting place thats the bottom line. Davies hadnt warranted one for a long time. In the past month he has.

Made up for Tommy D, he's just owned that shower on their own turf - he's pushed himself into the team when Allan is back, with some proper classy performances.

Think some forget, he's only a kid in footy terms, and has been surrounded by some absolute shoite in training and midfield when he's played, but the kids never hid, has always wanted the ball and tried to be positive, and got nothing but stick for it, even when soggy, Morgan and others were stinking the gaff out much worse.

No shock for me that having Carlo showing some faith, and him training with the duke, Allan and James, we've seen Tom get better and better.

Hope he continues to kick on and becomes a mainstay in our squad.

A thought occurred to me yesterday when I was watching Tom tearing the RS a new one, about 50 years ago I stood in the Anfield Rd. end and watched his uncle Alan do the same.
Remember that day, when Alan Wittle scored that second goal you’d have thought they’d announced a bomb scare, the Red fans were leaving the ground in droves and couldn’t get out fast enough, and there was still plenty of time left.

FB_IMG_1614116589601.jpg

Unbelievable all the stuff that we do as a Club, literally putting food on people’s tables, that is a very enlightening article on the best Club on the planet

Unbelievable all the stuff that we do as a Club, literally putting food on people’s tables, that is a very enlightening article on the best Club on the planet
Agree entirely. Really proud !.

Insofar as the last few games go I honestly never seen it coming. I was firmly on the ‘Tom isn’t good enough’ bandwagon but he’s been really improved. He looks good on the ball, holds and releases possession at the right time and he seems to have found his niche in the Allan role albeit less of a terrier and perhaps more creative. I hope he keeps improving and shows the consistency to make him a regular.

Insofar as the last few games go I honestly never seen it coming. I was firmly on the ‘Tom isn’t good enough’ bandwagon but he’s been really improved. He looks good on the ball, holds and releases possession at the right time and he seems to have found his niche in the Allan role albeit less of a terrier and perhaps more creative. I hope he keeps improving and shows the consistency to make him a regular.
Honestly say, knew it was there. He does suffer badly from lack of match fitness, and the period running up to these good performances, he was off pace with passing, however, not the pretty stuff but his tracking and blocking was exceptional in that period.

You're doing that classic Everton forum thing where 6 or 7 games and they've made it. Actualy its probably a football forum thing.
There's a long way yet before davies is an established answer to Evertons midfield issues. If he even is at all. It wasnt that long ago he looked knackered in games. His passing was pretty dam awful. If you keep denying that then thats your choice.
I couldnt give a flying fudge about comments on a forum. If any player gets his act together and starts to warrant a starting place thats the bottom line. Davies hadnt warranted one for a long time. In the past month he has.
It sounds like you give all the fudge.

It is a certainly a football forum thing to write off very young footballers and make oneself look silly. Then compound it by refusing the repent

Status
Not open for further replies.