Match Thread Everton v Southampton 1/3/21 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to start winning some of these games or we'll drop out of the European places.

Hopefully with a near full squad back, we'll be able to avoid XIs like the Fulham one and start being a bit more consistent.

Top 6 is still on and would be a really good season if we could get it. Top 4 isn't worth talking about until we've at least won our next two games. We'll then need to get something at Chelsea.

Mentality will be key in this match. I really hope we start quickly and could even live with going direct for the first 20 minutes.

If we are ponderous at the back they will take it from us and look to press like Newcastle, Fulham etc. That's why I think getting it forward quickly and having early shots on goal could set the tone.

Come on Ev' make this haslenut beaut eat his words.

Imagine a man like Carlo getting on his knees for a cry after beating the RS. I'd sooner go another 22 years than see that.

Referee: Martin Atkinson.
Assistants: Lee Betts, Eddie Smart.
Fourth official: Darren England.
VAR: Jonathan Moss.
Assistant VAR: Marc Perry.

This will be a comfortable win and ings will not get a sniff. The lads have learned from Fulham and Newcastle. Its the end of Everton That and the start of Everton This

From these barely registering on my hatred radar, I'm afraid they've gone stratospheric recently. Their manager is a c#@t, Ings is a c#@t, Ward-Prowse is a snidey, overrated RS wannabe, and the two big clunks at the back need filling in.

The way Southampton are pressing against Leeds at the moment, we're going to struggle unless we sort our act out from recent home performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.