Match Thread LFC 0-2 Everton 20 Feb 21 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
if Sky are arsed about impartiality at all.
I think you've answered your own question. Czech tv makes no apologies for always backing Sparta or Slavia in matches here (when they play each other they lean Sparta). From memory I've seen La Liga build up where they'll talk about Real Madrid for the entire pre-match coverage even if they're not playing.

British broadcasters have given up on impartiality or balance, if they ever even tried for it.

I actually quite like Carragher, but his bias got the better of him on the penalty and in my opinion has shown why he shouldn't be commentating on Merseyside derbies if Sky are arsed about impartiality at all.

I have no doubt when he says he still doesn't think that was a penalty that he's being genuine and thinks he's being as impartial as possible. Though I suspect they didn't analyse it on MNF because they know right well he's wrong.

No sane and unbiased person who knows the rules of the game and has spent any time at all thinking about what has happened there could possibly think that that wasn't a penalty.

It's blindingly obvious and actually infuriating as I don't doubt he actually reckons he's right and isn't on a wind-up, but if you break down what that not being a penalty would actually mean, it's completely insane. That's why he isn't cut out for co-commentary on Liverpool games. Or big ones at least. I've no doubt he forgot to give a motm out because he was fuming as well.

Cracking pundit though. They should keep him in the studio doing analysis like the Coleman/Robertson stuff as that's actually interesting and I didn't notice it during the game.

Impartiality in question as he cant find it in himself to recognize that it was a obvious penalty with TAA deliberately taking him down with his waving arm, then dangling a leg mid air to obstruct DCL knocking in a tap in with the keeper grounded...

Motd recognized it was a pen after analysis although another red Danny Murphy would not confirm either way...

Referees have also come out to confirm it was a pen, in fact there was a question of whether TAA should have been sent off as the last man which was never discussed, the pundits do have influence & it stands out a country mile that the red pundits are very biased...

I think you've answered your own question. Czech tv makes no apologies for always backing Sparta or Slavia in matches here (when they play each other they lean Sparta). From memory I've seen La Liga build up where they'll talk about Real Madrid for the entire pre-match coverage even if they're not playing.

British broadcasters have given up on impartiality or balance, if they ever even tried for it.

Clearly Sky don't see perfect impartiality as essential and I don't think it is either to be fair. I think it's possible for a fan of a club to commentate impartially on their own team's game, but that's still not perfect impartiality. I've heard Neville commentate on loads of United games and he's very good at letting things go when he thinks United have been wronged.

I've heard Carragher do a cracking job commentating on Everton games and if anything he comes across like an Evertonian, because he partly is.

That penalty broke him though and his head went. I'd be amazed if they asked him to analyse it because it was a pen and they know he'll blow his impartiality completely for good if they let him try to argue it isn't on MNF.

One wishes that one could find an argument for the sentiments you expressed here Robert however after the requisite nanosecond of due consideration and having weighed up all the evidence presented, one finds oneself in total and utter agreement ;)

Obliged Andrew.

I’d been working all day so unfortunately my articulate and - I would say - creative and occasional passive aggressive wordsmithery was completely depleted, leaving me with only the vernacular.

I thank you for your concurrence with same and add self serving praise re upholding the integrity of the swear filter.

I actually quite like Carragher, but his bias got the better of him on the penalty and in my opinion has shown why he shouldn't be commentating on Merseyside derbies if Sky are arsed about impartiality at all.

I have no doubt when he says he still doesn't think that was a penalty that he's being genuine and thinks he's being as impartial as possible. Though I suspect they didn't analyse it on MNF because they know right well he's wrong.

No sane and unbiased person who knows the rules of the game and has spent any time at all thinking about what has happened there could possibly think that that wasn't a penalty.

It's blindingly obvious and actually infuriating as I don't doubt he actually reckons he's right and isn't on a wind-up, but if you break down what that not being a penalty would actually mean, it's completely insane. That's why he isn't cut out for co-commentary on Liverpool games. Or big ones at least. I've no doubt he forgot to give a motm out because he was fuming as well.

Cracking pundit though. They should keep him in the studio doing analysis like the Coleman/Robertson stuff as that's actually interesting and I didn't notice it during the game.

Him and Neville are the best in the game.

The fact they don't shy away from their bias probably adds to some honesty to the job.

153322636_4066512640026509_2569185487885074278_o.jpg

There is no need for snipers being allowed in the stands during games..

Status
Not open for further replies.