2020/21 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
That moment in the game when Mane tried to run him and just gave up after about 2 seconds when Godfrey took it off him and was already half way up the pitch in the other direction.

I actually missed that moment in the match, but probably as decisive as the tackle on Shaqiri. Mane had got nothing out of Holgate so thought he'd have a go at Godfrey, and just failed all ends up. His body language goes and I'm not sure he does anything of note after that. He gets the same response Werner, Havertz, Pepe, Madisson and other have had playing up against Godfrey. He makes exceptional players look silly. There are very few defenders around who can do that. Holgate is quick and a good defender, but he can't do that. If he gets the fundamentals around him right, he will be exceptional.

I said on twitter the other night, look at what Ancelotti has done to Michael Keane over the last 12 months. And Keane is a very decent defender but doesn't have the gifts Godfrey does. He was also 26/7 when he got hold of him. Godfrey has just turned 23.

I cant remember Shaqiri touching the ball after that. The little hobbit must have left a little pile of rabbit poo pellets just as Godfrey came into his eye line.

Slightly off topic but Shaqiri looked out of shape. I know he's always been short and stout like a little teapot but he seemed chubby especially around the face. I don't know how long he has left on his contract but with his wages I imagine he'll be seeing out his contract there. Looks like they'll be getting a taste of regretting giving out high wages.

That tackle put down a marker without ever looking unfair.

Can go as far as he wants this lad. Got everything you need to go to the top

Think we've got good centre backs but all of them have specific traits, Keane and mina are quite slow but will win headers all day, holgate had got page and good in the tackle but will lost headers, but Godfrey has everything. He's just like distin but 10 years younger and a much higher ceiling

He gets it, doesn’t he?
D253AB08-3E3C-49E7-A50D-E6A77C0519DB.jpeg

Then I really hope Southgate doesnt have any sense.

I know they want it, but I don't want any of our players any part of Southgates plans.

The man is rubbish and will ruin our players.
International football makes players happy, especially young players.

Can go as far as he wants this lad. Got everything you need to go to the top

Think we've got good centre backs but all of them have specific traits, Keane and mina are quite slow but will win headers all day, holgate had got page and good in the tackle but will lost headers, but Godfrey has everything. He's just like distin but 10 years younger and a much higher ceiling

i would take all of those you’ve listed before Distin.. for all his gifts he was the most one footed player we’ve had.. Totally different baller is Godfrey.

Status
Not open for further replies.