Match Thread LFC 0-2 Everton 20 Feb 21 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford 9 Coleman 8 Holgate 8 Keane 9 Godfrey 8 Digne 7 Davies 8.5 Douc 7.5 Gomes 6.5 James 7 Richo 8
Subs: Gylfi 8, Dom 8, Alex N/A

Difficult to choose between Pickford and Keane. Keane was a man mountain in defence with some great tackles but it's Pickford for me for keeping 2-3 goal bound efforts out and a generally faultless performance.
Apart from the mark for Gomes ( I'd give him 6 ) I think those are spot on.

I read on twitter that it was a check on whether it was a pen. I think commentators can hear the dialogue between the ref and var.

I'm not saying I think he should have been sent off for something pretty accidental, but I think the law says he probably could have been.
Kavanagh was asked to check if there was a deliberate action by Alexander-Arnold to impeded Calvert-Lewin. He saw the replay from a different angle, his own view from behind the play was the clearest and the ref saw nothing in the replay to change his mind.

Biased, I know, but the call was the right one because the defender reacts to the loose ball by impeding the forward. If it was given against us I would argue that it was accidental, the defender was prone on the ground, etc... that's not enough "clear and obvious error" to get the call overturned.

I think it's how VAR should be used.

I was going to vote for Kabak as our man of the match, an outstanding contribution for me.

Where on earth did Jürgen find this pearl of a centre back? Tbf he can't half spot talent, only wish we could have him playing against us every week. To describe him as 'Absolutely Brilliant' underplays his performance for me, just play him every derby.
What do you expect for a £1M loan fee and £500K a game...I bet those £500Ks will dry up pretty soon when he's dropped.

6A74337B-5A4B-4139-8E9C-4B45BD428D70.jpeg

... and so am I ;) ;) ;)

Kavanagh was asked to check if there was a deliberate action by Alexander-Arnold to impeded Calvert-Lewin. He saw the replay from a different angle, his own view from behind the play was the clearest and the ref saw nothing in the replay to change his mind.

Biased, I know, but the call was the right one because the defender reacts to the loose ball by impeding the forward. If it was given against us I would argue that it was accidental, the defender was prone on the ground, etc... that's not enough "clear and obvious error" to get the call overturned.

I think it's how VAR should be used.

Intent isn't a mitigating factor anymore, rightly or wrongly.

Luiz got sent off at Wolves recently for something even more accidental and innocuous.

DCL was about to tap into the empty net without being tripped. The fact Arnold didn't mean it doesn't matter under the laws of the game. Harsh yes, but still a penalty

Intent isn't a mitigating factor anymore, rightly or wrongly.

Luiz got sent off at Wolves recently for something even more accidental and innocuous.

DCL was about to tap into the empty net without being tripped. The fact Arnold didn't mean it doesn't matter under the laws of the game. Harsh yes, but still a penalty
Should it have been a red?

Oh that is first rate shithousery right there. Well done Toffees, great win against the worlds greatest team and worlds greatest manager. Although the media have pointed out you were lucky the worlds best front 3 were misfiring, the worlds best keeper was off form and they were also missing the worlds greatest ever defender who was brutally and deliberately assaulted by your keeper. Not forgetting of course the greatest, wittiest and most knowledgeable fans in the world. No other club is missing fans cos it means more to them. You were also lucky that God hates them supports City and the wind apparently is an Evertonian. Hope you finish above them and really drive them over the edge.
YMCA

Fixed that for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.