FA CUP 2020-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello buddies those people pretending they are happy at drawing the best club in the land in the cup are the same bozos that enable us to reach 9400 days without a trophy.
I would disagree with you Commander. I don't think some of us are pretending to be happy but what's the point about crying about it. May as well get our mind set that we can beat City and send positive energy out to the universe so the goddesses have some compassion on us, Evertonians.

In Colombia we would said: al mal que no tiene cura hecerle la cara dura.

I would disagree with you Commander. I don't think some of us are pretending to be happy but what's the point about crying about it. May as well get our mind set that we can beat City and send positive energy out to the universe so the goddesses have some compassion on us, Evertonians.

In Colombia we would said: al mal que no tiene cura hecerle la cara dura.
estas son buenas palabras querida sasso.

attachment_29356098.png

:celebrate::dance:

Every Everton supporter when that draw was made went "FFS!".

It is what it is and we have to make the best of it, but dont let's make a virtue of it. There is no upside to City.

The worst thing for me about it is this: if we beat them we'd still have two more giant missions on our hands.

When we won in 95 we had nothing until the SFs against Spurs.

That's how we can win: avoid the big guns until the last stages. Even then it's a tall order - see Chelsea 2009.

Not gonna lie, I never thought "ffs" at all. We have done really well against the better teams this season. Seems about the only time our players look up for a game.

Do you just want them to pack it in, say "oo everton have done alright this season, lets just hand them that trophy and a 4th place finish"?

We have plenty of "better" teams to play in the league in coming weeks, are we all saying "ffs" i wish when they generated the fixtures this season theyd not have us play city? No because thats just who weve been drawn to play, get on with it.

Were pushing for a decent finish in the league, we have 2 games in hand (one of those is against city) and those games are looking to be the equivalent of two cup finals if we want to finish were we all would like to finish this season.

I hope we go full strength and take the game to City. They are by far the best team in the country but they are beatable and hopefully they will have other priorities. This would be a real statement of intent and progress knocking them out the FA Cup.

Not gonna lie, I never thought "ffs" at all. We have done really well against the better teams this season. Seems about the only time our players look up for a game.

Do you just want them to pack it in, say "oo everton have done alright this season, lets just hand them that trophy and a 4th place finish"?

We have plenty of "better" teams to play in the league in coming weeks, are we all saying "ffs" i wish when they generated the fixtures this season theyd not have us play city? No because thats just who weve been drawn to play, get on with it.

Were pushing for a decent finish in the league, we have 2 games in hand (one of those is against city) and those games are looking to be the equivalent of two cup finals if we want to finish were we all would like to finish this season.
In the cup it's different. You dont necessarily have to 'get on with it' if you get a draw that avoids the best team left in it. Then you take care of your own business and hope that the favourite is eliminated by some other team that you can more realistically beat.

Umpteen cups have been won in such a fashion.

In the cup it's different. You dont necessarily have to 'get on with it' if you get a draw that avoids the best team left in it. Then you take care of your own business and hope that the favourite is eliminated by some other team that you can more realistically beat.

Umpteen cups have been won in such a fashion.

Kind of do.. old saying "luck of the draw" sometimes going in a teams favour but by your logic we mays well just not turn up and let them progress..

Saturday 20 March 2021

AFC Bournemouth v Southampton (12.15pm) – BT Sport 1
Everton v Manchester City (5.30pm) – BT Sport 1

Sunday 21 March 2021

Chelsea v Sheffield United (1.30pm) – BBC One and BBC iPlayer
Leicester City v Manchester United (5pm) – BBC One and BBC iPlayer

1613409159210.png

Status
Not open for further replies.