2020/21 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think his turn of form and fortune has come about with Ancelotti putting his arm around him and putting faith in him, added with the fact he’s seen his best mate DCL show that through sheer effort and determination you can become a regular in the team and become a better player. No doubt they’ll be encouraging each other to do well. Either way it’s great to see.

I think his turn of form and fortune has come about with Ancelotti putting his arm around him and putting faith in him, added with the fact he’s seen his best mate DCL show that through sheer effort and determination you can become a regular in the team and become a better player. No doubt they’ll be encouraging each other to do well. Either way it’s great to see.

Good point about calvert lewin. No better incentive to knuckle down than seeing your mate move ahead of you. His fitness has improved a hell of a lot.

It's just occurred to me that Harry Winks and Jake Livermore have played for England under Gareth Southgate. I get the shouts for Ben Godfrey but if, and it is an if, Tom Davies continues to improve at the rate he has, he surely got to be talked about as a senior international. Hasn't he ? ...... Hello ?
I think he has to play like this for the rest of the season before he even gets a mention. His improvement over the last 10 games has been remarkable. He's so consistent now. It's like he's suddenly realised what he's good at and what he's not. Ancelotti's man-management of him is nothing short of superb. I like so many wondered if he could make it in the Premier League but if he carries on like this then there's no doubt he will. There's nothing better than a blue making it in the first team. He cares the same way we do, it's not just a job for him like so many others. If we can keep the likes of Richy, James, CL at the club and build on it then we could really start to challenge the top 4. Would love to see Tom being part of that.

I think he has to play like this for the rest of the season before he even gets a mention. His improvement over the last 10 games has been remarkable. He's so consistent now. It's like he's suddenly realised what he's good at and what he's not. Ancelotti's man-management of him is nothing short of superb. I like so many wondered if he could make it in the Premier League but if he carries on like this then there's no doubt he will. There's nothing better than a blue making it in the first team. He cares the same way we do, it's not just a job for him like so many others. If we can keep the likes of Richy, James, CL at the club and build on it then we could really start to challenge the top 4. Would love to see Tom being part of that.
This.

He was a bit lost for a while, but now he’s found his mojo. Looks like the real deal.

Obviously learned a lot from training with Allan.

Never been Tom's biggest fan but his performance in the last few games has been fantastic - he literally held the midfield together on his own last night.
Hopefully the penny has finally dropped and he is fully focused on the game.
With him DCL Richarlison , Godfrey and Holgate ( again he was good last night but needs to concentrate for 90 mins ) and maybe even Pickford if he can kick on we have some excellent young talent

This.

He was a bit lost for a while, but now he’s found his mojo. Looks like the real deal.

Obviously learned a lot from training with Allan.
Tom is naturally much better offensively in my opinion, his move to the defensive midfielder has been ongoing for some time, before new management and signings. undoubtedly he will learn from Allan. However, its a position you learn and bodes well that at 22 he is putting in the performances that are normally reflected in 26+.

We talk about the improvement to the likes of Keane, DCL, Holgate since Carlo came in and tbf Davies looked like he was getting left mikes behind.........

BUT

Theres no way that Tom is not taking every little ounce of info, training, tactics, confidence into his game and suddenly looking like an "Everton " player.

Tell me anyone on here ( myself included) who would have thought that he'd look more at place than the likes of Delph, Gomes in midfiekd and where we'd all be fuming he git taken off the teo previous games.

Something has twigged, not sure what, is it knowing he was under severe pressure to save his Everton career or just the staff really working on him.

89th minute he done a boss bit of play to take the piss and kept the ball woth Siggy. He hasn't gone hiding m, he's looking for the ball, he's looking for the forward pass.

I'm made up for him, I want him to keep it going, I want him to make a place his own where we are fuming when he's missing.

He plays like an Allan-lite for me. Gets the ball dribbles a few yards, gives it again. Maybe he's been taking notes from him.

That thing he does when he lets the ball run past him, few players do that better.

Status
Not open for further replies.