Match Thread LFC 0-2 Everton 20 Feb 21 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just told him it wasn't a penalty.
IMG-20210220-WA0007.jpg

Last time we beat those [Poor language removed] in 2010 my wife had to call the fire brigade because my 2 year old daughter got stuck in a cupboard when I was at the match.

Tonight that now 12 year old daughter had to hold my hand and talk me through Iceland’s penalty whilst I hid behind a cushion.

I’m so glad she loves Everton like I love Everton.

I've waited almost half my lifetime to see Everton win at the pit and all I am thinking is what could have been if we'd defended like that against Newcastle and Fulham. We should be level on points with 2nd & 3rd.

The problem is that the lesser sides (other than Leeds) won't come forward and let us clog the box like that without us ending up conceding two points from the word go, which they are 100% fine with.

We have to figure out how to break those teams down without leaving ourselves vulnerable transitioning to defense.

That pass was sublime. All Colombia should be lit up Blue tonight :)

I loved the way the ball was being headed aimlessly back and forth and then James just pulled it down out of the air and controlled it perfectly. As soon as I saw it was him under it I knew he’d do that. I didn’t expect, however, that he’d play such a brilliant ball through to put Richarlison through on goal. Fantastic from both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.