Match Thread LFC 0-2 Everton 20 Feb 21 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
...certainly one of Coleman or Digne will play in midfield. I’m more suspecting it’ll be Digne given Richarlison will be up top.
Say it will be a bit of both.
Coleman's going to skinned by Mane + reckon he offers more going middle- forward than just being back and stuck to the line.
God help em

0-4

Not a chance that lot will have any penetration into the Liverpool back four. Richarlison will be moping about alone up front as bad as last week against Fulham. I hate to be a harbinger of doom but I'm 60 years old in 3 days time and we've won, IIRC SEVEN times in 58 years at that hole.. and I reckon this won't be number 8. They got their mojo back and ours disappeared down a rabbit hole marked "Everton That" the minute Dom had to limp off against Spurs.

I hate to say it but Andre Gomes is pedestrian and has a mistake in him. Seamus works hard but going forward all his creativity usually comes to nothing with that final pass. Holgate is ok but I'd have preferred Mina (Injured of course). Allan out injured, James can't tackle..

Please, please, please prove me wrong and do something amazing in a tough away game FOR ONCE.

The Blitz was the Luftwaffes attempt to mentally break the will of the British people and make them question the need to go on. It failed.

Carlo Ancelotti has succeeded where the Luftwaffe failed with that selection. Crying under my bed.

Carlo Allardyce.

It’s funny how a name can make people view football entirely differently.

Fat Sam puts that team out and there’s be chaos in here.
Yeah, because he’s awful and only had one idea ever. Carlo has shown he adapts so what he has and has a track record that actually commands respect. Allardyce hangs his hat on not getting relegated. You’re comparing apples and giraffes.

Looks a haphazardous team to me, should have done a 4-3-3 and none of this playing out of position nonsense.

I expect goals... one way or another

Been told Souness has mentioned Van Dijk twice in two sentences?
I don’t tune into that kopite channel and I’m not surprised at this point.

This kind of things pisses me off (from The Guardian)

1h ago15:52

Preamble​

Hello and welcome to live coverage of the Friendly Derby. Arf! There is vengeance in the air at Anfield, where Liverpool and Everton meet tonight. The return fixture, a 2-2 draw at Goodison in October, was the beginning of the end of Liverpool’s title challenge: Jordan Pickford nobbled Virgil van Dijk with a dreadful challenge and Richarlison was sent off for an even worse tackle on Thiago.

Status
Not open for further replies.