2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

If dcl can get 20+ prem goals we will finish on a euro spot. There's normally a direct correlation between teams with strikers that get goals in the 20s and finishing high up the table.

If dcl can get 20+ prem goals we will finish on a euro spot. There's normally a direct correlation between teams with strikers that get goals in the 20s and finishing high up the table.
I think yes but no because our midfield is utterly impotent. Need midfield to pitching in more goals, the stat on midfield goals and assists shows our issues. DCL can’t do it on his own.

I think yes but no because our midfield is utterly impotent. Need midfield to pitching in more goals, the stat on midfield goals and assists shows our issues. DCL can’t do it on his own.
Absolutely this. Nowhere near enough goals/assist/chances created in the team - rely far too heavily on DCL and Richarlison (James this season). It’s been a big issue for ages - Walcott, Iwobi, Bernard, these guys are meant to be attackers, they’ve got attributes but aren’t getting anywhere near the numbers or consistency that we need to be pushing in to top four. Central midfield is much the same. Can’t all just be on DCL, we need much greater contribution from these areas.

@Tel001 buddy this is from 15 months ago do u still stand bravely behind ur comment??

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/january-transfer-thread-2020.107737/post-7404062

lewin isn’t good is front of goal tho , I mean he is if he’s between 1-6 years from goal but his finishing of 1-1’s and being able to actually finish is by far the weakest part of his game. DCL is very good in the air these days but still think his finishing is poor for a prem striker

Status
Not open for further replies.