Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Seamus Coleman

Votes: 14 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Long ball into the channels it is then.
We must start King just for his pace alone to get us up the pitch and get them turned facing their own goal.

SOME OF THE ANCELOTTI PRE MATCH MAN CITY P/C

Injury update​

Not available for sure are Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Gbamin. The others are okay, they are going to train today. Pickford trained today and was okay, we’ll check today and if he is available he is going to play,

Allan in contention​

Allan is fit and good, he is okay. He is available to play.

Carlo on Lewin Return​

A matter of days, we hope he’ll be available on Saturday

Carlo On Fulham defeat​

Of course we are frustrated, disappointed that we lost the opportunity to climb the table but we have to try & find the solution to get points. We don't have a lot of chances against MCFC but we have a chance. Usually these kind of games, we did really well
It's an unpredictable season. The games that seem easier than others become more & more difficult. We had the experience against Newcastle & Fulham. It's this kind of season. We're not the only team that lost at home: United lost, Liverpool lost

Carlo On Man City Game​

We have to find a solution, try to prepare the right strategy to play against them. We have to use our strengths and quality to play efficient football. Most of the time City will have the ball, we have to use quality when we have to ball.

More On City​

I think the results coming from the quality of the players, from the organisation of the team, the fact Guardiola is working with them for a long time so they have confidence in this moment & a clear idea of football. It's not only one thing

Coping without Calvert-Lewin​

Calvert-Lewin is really important because he gives us the opportunity to play in a different way. We can play the long ball. We played really well without him against Sours. I’m not worried for the players who aren’t going to play, I have to be worried about the players who will play

Improving home form​

We have to improve. We are still in a good position in the table, not because of what we did at home. At home it has not been good enough. The best games we played at home were against top teams,

Carlo confident​

I have confidence these next two games will go well for us

Carlo on Table​

Of course we have to improve. We are still in a good position in the table but not because of what we did at home. The best games we played at home were against top teams: Arsenal, Chelsea. I hope it will be the same tomorrow

Heading in the right direction​

I think we are in the right way. In one year, the squad improved. We have more stability and knowledge. Of course we have to improve. We are not at the same level as the top teams. How long it takes I don’t know but in one year the work was good in every aspect.

On Everton ambitions​

It’s not the games against Man City that are going to decide our ambition. It’s still the same - to reach Europe. It’s easy to think we’re going to lose against City but in football, you never know. if we lose, our target is not going to change.

Summer signings praise​

We signed a good player in the summer, have had a good period and step by step we are going to improve again.

Pep Guardiola praise​

It’s really difficult to compare. I can judge the work that Pep is doing, I can judge the work that Pep did. I can judge his style of play and how he managed his teams. For what he’s doing, he can be considered one of the best in the world

Struggling against the 'lesser' teams​

I think that these kind of games are the sign that we have to improve. But every game has its own story. Against Newcastle our mental aspect was not good. The game v Fulham it was physical. But all these kind of things means we have to improve

On James injuries​

It is the intensity of the Premier League, there is a lot of contact. He suffered a contact against Fulham but it was a normal contact and he is available to play tomorrow.

He has nothing [else] to do. To avoid contact is impossible in football. He has to accept this. It was unfortunate because he had a knock in two games but how many players had knocks? It’s absolutely normal

Defensive struggles​

When we are forced to defend we did well, when we decide to play a more open game. It’s more difficult to add balance, we concede goals but we wanted to play more open games against United, Tottenham and Fulham. Tomorrow I think, for most part we defend

Carlo on Josh King​

His fitness level is ok because he trained normally at Bournemouth. He has to adapt to the team tactically but I'm happy with what he's doing. He is working hard and gives us all his quality & belief. For sure he's going to start in the future

SOME OF THE ANCELOTTI PRE MATCH MAN CITY P/C

Injury update​

Not available for sure are Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Gbamin. The others are okay, they are going to train today. Pickford trained today and was okay, we’ll check today and if he is available he is going to play,

Allan in contention​

Allan is fit and good, he is okay. He is available to play.

Carlo on Lewin Return​

A matter of days, we hope he’ll be available on Saturday

Carlo On Fulham defeat​

Of course we are frustrated, disappointed that we lost the opportunity to climb the table but we have to try & find the solution to get points. We don't have a lot of chances against MCFC but we have a chance. Usually these kind of games, we did really well
It's an unpredictable season. The games that seem easier than others become more & more difficult. We had the experience against Newcastle & Fulham. It's this kind of season. We're not the only team that lost at home: United lost, Liverpool lost

Carlo On Man City Game​

We have to find a solution, try to prepare the right strategy to play against them. We have to use our strengths and quality to play efficient football. Most of the time City will have the ball, we have to use quality when we have to ball.

More On City​

I think the results coming from the quality of the players, from the organisation of the team, the fact Guardiola is working with them for a long time so they have confidence in this moment & a clear idea of football. It's not only one thing

Coping without Calvert-Lewin​

Calvert-Lewin is really important because he gives us the opportunity to play in a different way. We can play the long ball. We played really well without him against Sours. I’m not worried for the players who aren’t going to play, I have to be worried about the players who will play

Improving home form​

We have to improve. We are still in a good position in the table, not because of what we did at home. At home it has not been good enough. The best games we played at home were against top teams,

Carlo confident​

I have confidence these next two games will go well for us

Carlo on Table​

Of course we have to improve. We are still in a good position in the table but not because of what we did at home. The best games we played at home were against top teams: Arsenal, Chelsea. I hope it will be the same tomorrow

Heading in the right direction​

I think we are in the right way. In one year, the squad improved. We have more stability and knowledge. Of course we have to improve. We are not at the same level as the top teams. How long it takes I don’t know but in one year the work was good in every aspect.

On Everton ambitions​

It’s not the games against Man City that are going to decide our ambition. It’s still the same - to reach Europe. It’s easy to think we’re going to lose against City but in football, you never know. if we lose, our target is not going to change.

Summer signings praise​

We signed a good player in the summer, have had a good period and step by step we are going to improve again.

Pep Guardiola praise​

It’s really difficult to compare. I can judge the work that Pep is doing, I can judge the work that Pep did. I can judge his style of play and how he managed his teams. For what he’s doing, he can be considered one of the best in the world

Struggling against the 'lesser' teams​

I think that these kind of games are the sign that we have to improve. But every game has its own story. Against Newcastle our mental aspect was not good. The game v Fulham it was physical. But all these kind of things means we have to improve

On James injuries​

It is the intensity of the Premier League, there is a lot of contact. He suffered a contact against Fulham but it was a normal contact and he is available to play tomorrow.

He has nothing [else] to do. To avoid contact is impossible in football. He has to accept this. It was unfortunate because he had a knock in two games but how many players had knocks? It’s absolutely normal

Defensive struggles​

When we are forced to defend we did well, when we decide to play a more open game. It’s more difficult to add balance, we concede goals but we wanted to play more open games against United, Tottenham and Fulham. Tomorrow I think, for most part we defend

Carlo on Josh King​

His fitness level is ok because he trained normally at Bournemouth. He has to adapt to the team tactically but I'm happy with what he's doing. He is working hard and gives us all his quality & belief. For sure he's going to start in the future

SOME OF THE PEP PRE MATCH EVERTON P/C

Gundogan and Aguero update​

Sergio is one year injured, so cannot start from the beginning but is ready to come back, was on bench last game and will be again. When he can return he will do. Gundo is much better but might be too soon tomorrow.

De Bruyne​

Getting better, really getting better. Today he did all training with the group. He's better

Feel invicible​

No every game is tough. Tomorrow is no exception. Next one is the only important one

Thoughts on Everton and Ancelotti​

Everton always has been one of the greatest teams. This season is much better, Carlos knows his players much better. Like all the teams have ups and downs, the quality from Carlo is always there.

Update on Dias​

Yes [he's fine and in contention].

Champions League on the horizon​

No-one has thought about Monchengladbach. What we have done so far is about thinking the next one. That's Everton. Then Arsenal. Then we will think about Monchengladbach. Not one thought, honestly. You know I try to involve all the players, I rotate all the players to keep everyone involved and fit for all the competitions. We need everyone. In the next two games I'll play as many players as possible, not because of Monchengladbach.

Defensive dilemmas​

Always I have headaches to choose the best XI. At the end it's not just about the back four but we can't deny the back foru. Last two games Aymer was brilliant, John and Ruben outstanding. Aleks and Joao and Mendy in the cup. We are consistent, good game plans, attack to win the games.

Thoughts on Klopp​

Klopp says he doesnt need a break.
A lot [of sympathy] what he produces in world football is exceptional. I say many times in previous seasons. His philosophy makes football attractive for all spectators. For world football, there's no doubts. We all have good moments and bad moments, no manager can sustain seasons and seasons to win. It would be boring. Sometimes you have to lose, I speak personally, sometimes it's good to lose to realise how difficult it is. When you come back and win games you get more credit.

Has this season's form come from last season​

We never get the perfection, what we have done, the 16 games in a row is a consequence of thinking of the next one and preparing the best as possible. The reality is the games, two months ago we were not in any thoughts for winning the PL, now it looks like we are the only contenders. Seven points with 15 games left, 45 points to play, a lot of things can happen. The only thing in my head is how to beat Everton. The middle of February, many things can happen, we will drop points. That is the moment I am looking for a reaction.

John Stones - the best English defender​

Absolutely it's down to him, he organised his life, an incredible professional, he's not injured, he was every month in previous seasons, exceptional. He turned the situation himself. In this situation the managers can't help

Champions League returns tonight​

Thoughts on neutral venues or return to one-leg ties
It is, Monchengladbach would be better to play at home. Last season we played Madrid with sepctators then without spectatos. They play Sunday we play Friday. It's always difficult to understand why we can't fly to Germany but can to Budapest. It's not difficult for UEFA, FIFA, we are ina bubble, in three weeks the national teams fly everywhere. It's difficult for everyone

Pickford

Godfrey Mina Keane Digne

Doucouré Allan

Iwobi James Richarlison

King

Subs: Holgate, Delph, Sigurðsson, Nkounkou, Bernard, Gomes, Coleman, Davies, Olsen.

Unavailable: Calvert-Lewin, Gbamin (both injured).

Or shall we go back to 4 cb?

I would go

Pickford

Holgate Mina Keane Godfrey

Coleman Doucouré Allan Digne

King Richarlison

Provide protection on the flanks & play it long for the 2 up top to chase. Bring on Hamez for the last 30 if there is an opportunity to get a result.

I would go

Pickford

Coleman Doucouré Allan Digne

King Richarlison

Provide protection on the flanks & play it long for the 2 up top to chase. Bring on Hamez for the last 30 if there is an opportunity to get a result.
Maybe getting back to 4 cb is the best idea. We need to stay solid at the back.

I'm buzzing for this one. Weve been very good against the better teams this season. Dcl will be a miss but every chance we can get something from this game

Against Man City: 4-2-3-1
Olsen
Allan Doucure
Iwobi James Digne
J.King
About the goalkeeper, everton needs to buy a new gooalkeeper, Olsen and Pickford not are very good gooalkeepers, but if i need to choose, i prefeer Olsen.
Mina and Keane needs more minutes and trust, and Holgate i dont like see he in CB, I think that LB is best for he while Coleman recovers level, also Godfrey.
For the midfielder, i like to see the same that everton put in the start of PL, Allan and Doucure that defended very good and J.Rodriguez with him large pass and changes of front for Lucas and Iwobi, i quit his responsability in defense, and add new responsibilities like the high pressure and the personal brand...
Lucas i put he in MD with possibility that he moves in RW and defended, his centers are very tools if the midfielders filter some balls in the sideline, and Iwobi and his velocity can play with james and King to arrive in the area rival...
And its MUCH, MUCH IMPORTANT that not playing with a defense sistem, with players like James, Iwobi, King and Lucas, it´s useless give the ball and wait for a counterattack, i support for the idea that pressure in all of the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.