Match Thread Everton v Fulham - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

ev

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dare I say we missed Iwobi.
Our midfield cannot dominate games and they allow the opposition to dictate. Is this a tactic to play so deep and be dictated to or is it just that we really don't have energy and guile in the midfield. I honestly cannot say anyone played well and Holgate and Godfrey looked horrendous and green as CBs.
We need Godfrey as our right back now and leave Keane and Mina as CBs. At least Mina takes the ball forward. Digne looked goosed and was ineffective and Doucoure seemed to be patrolling our right hand side when we needed him central to drive us on. Too many tweaks because it was only Fulham

Back to the 4 center backs in the back 4. Digne not showing enough same with Coleman. It’s start again and sure up the back. Allan back in midfield keep Sigs and James out and put the more fighters in.
That's what we are missing. Some grit in the middle of the park. And a bit of passion elsewhere

Disgraceful performance, poor team selection, no pace, too narrow. Carlo has to take some of the blame here as well as the gutless players on the pitch.

I have seen Rodriguez doing nothing in 90 % of his matches. He got a few good goals but we cant play with 10 men and hope that Rodriguez comes up with a good ball every 5 matches. That doesnt work. Hope he is injured for the City match. Thats the kind of match where he is really useless.
Cant agree more doesn’t add to the team fell like we’re playing with 10 men and 1 has to cover his area

Nobody in their right mind should cast any vote for motm. To be honest we were lucky against spurs the other night. We should have been four down against spurs within 10 mins, same as tonight. We were lucky against utd as well. We aren't a good team and im convinced our league position is a hugely false one.

When a team in the bottom 3 plays a significantly better brand of football than you, tactically, creatively and physically, you know there is something hugely wrong with most of the players in your squad.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why the phrase "Everton that" exists.

They couldn't be arsed tonight, they were deffo tired, but they also couldn't be arsed. Which is very disappointing.
I think we should just go with a strong line up not any flare. Revert back to the 4 CBs as a back 4, play Allan Doucoure and Davies. Richy, DCL and probably Iwobi. James form is poor, Gomes is just poor has been for ages and Sigs is Sigs.

Just a quick one..... For those who slag James off after games when he doesn't score or assist..... Watch him closely all game. He might surprise you. Today when he got the ball he wasn't exactly poor with it. Quite a few times he received the ball with 2-3 players around him, kept it then played clever balls to Everton players In front of him. It's not his fault it then ends up back with olsen. It often goes against him that he's the quickest thinking player at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.