2020/21 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t need to accept anything. I haven’t criticised Davies once, I just thought your post completely contradicted itself and so asked what you were trying to say. I’m no clearer now, other than you just seem to be criticising other people for saying what you think.
What he did tonight epitomised what I'm trying to say, not spectacular but put a great shift in, again he's limited and it's apparent but he followed orders, got stuck in, plenty of energy, showed more of a calmness on the ball this evening and can't fault him, for a young lad that gets criticised more than most in the squad, some accolade for tonight - you can only hope will spare him on

Carlo always likes to talk about Davies being tactically good. I used to think that he was just saying that to be polite because he couldn't pass, shoot or run, but now I see what he means. He's positionally very good and his distribution is getting better and he's starting to dictate the tempo more.

Never wanted an Everton player to succeed more than him, so fingers crossed this is the norm from now on.

What he did tonight epitomised what I'm trying to say, not spectacular but put a great shift in, again he's limited and it's apparent but he followed orders, got stuck in, plenty of energy, showed more of a calmness on the ball this evening and can't fault him, for a young lad that gets criticised more than most in the squad, some accolade for tonight - you can only hope will spare him on

I don't know what was going on with Spurs' midfield but Davies and Doucoure were dancing round them in a way I've not seen either of them do before.

For the first time in ages, Davies has given himself a platform to build on. Gotta hope there's more to come.

I’ll hold my hands up, I’ve been one of his biggest critics but if he continues to perform like he has the last 2 games I’ll be delighted. He’ll look even better when Allan comes back into the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.