Media Bias and its effect if any on Overall Outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't want to sound like a broken record, but again motd last night hardly showed any of our chances in the first half. The shots from the edge of the box by siggurdsson, the Richarlison one when he had a simple pass across the box and siggurdsson has a tap in. And the run from
DCL who should have played a pass to Richarlison on his outside, but shot past the post. I don’t think they showed Richarlison shot in the 2nd half, I know it wasn’t a brilliant effort and was a yard or two wide, but they showed a Leeds efforts from 30yards that went into row Z

And of course didn’t show the handball incident or talk about it in the studio. Made it look like a battering.
At a guess, they were going to do a segment which showed them in the analysis, and then cut it either for time reasons to focus on something else. They tend to hold stuff back from the highlights to then show in the analysis and say 'here are some more examples of this'.

Imagine the media , punditry response if Richarlison behaved like Salah, throwing both arms up in the air and himself to the floor at every touch on him in the box. Murphy would demand a penalty be given to the opposition if he ever did it. Souness would demand that he be arrested for fraud.

Imagine the media , punditry response if Richarlison behaved like Salah, throwing both arms up in the air and himself to the floor at every touch on him in the box. Murphy would demand a penalty be given to the opposition if he ever did it. Souness would demand that he be arrested for fraud.
It was awful and they all thought it was. No Var are checking this, like they did with City pen

MOTD2 tonight on analysing the game hardly a mention if any about Alison, they were too busy sucking up to the City players, if that had been Pickford putting in a performance like that today they would have been all over it like a rash.
I thought that myself. Absolutely bizarre that they chose to not focus on Alisson. At that point they were 1-1 and still in with a chance of winning the game and getting back in the title race. That was the biggest melt down of any keeper I've seen and gifted them 2 goals. Think the only mention was Shearer saying he'd had a bad night during a replay of one of the goals. They would have ended Pickfords career tonight. They know how damaging media can be and therefore didn't focus on it. As much as I hate social media, at least he'll get it the same as our players do there.

I turned the commentary off at half timeon Saturday and found I enjoyed the game and was less wound up.
We did score 3 though.
Sick off the bit every game where they are surprised how deep we are at free kicks.
Also ignoring Rodriguez. It's like he did a stretch after the World Cup and signed for us as community service. Any praise of him is so begrudging. I really don't know why.

I turned the commentary off at half timeon Saturday and found I enjoyed the game and was less wound up.
We did score 3 though.
Sick off the bit every game where they are surprised how deep we are at free kicks.
Also ignoring Rodriguez. It's like he did a stretch after the World Cup and signed for us as community service. Any praise of him is so begrudging. I really don't know why.
I never listen to the commentary...just utter rubbish... 'United know that they are better than Everton'...saw that on a comment on here...

Status
Not open for further replies.