Confirmed Signing Josh King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taking a look at Bournemouth fans in the comments, they think he's a great player on his day but those days weren't often enough for them

I mean, given he's basically jacked it in the last 12 months there in terms of out put those comments are actually quite positive.

He had no choice but to gamble. His three choices were:

a. Fulham and a multi-year deal but with the caveat that Fulham are almost certainly going down so more than likely he'd have to exercise his option to leave when they did get relegated and look for a different top flight club or play in the championship.

b. Everton and a 6 month deal with the option to extend it if all goes well. We won't be going down but he also might hardly play here leaving him with nothing to go on should we decline the extension.

c. Stay at Bournemouth in the championship and not play as the team is better without you and never return to the top flight.

Obviously c was right out so it was down to risking it here or at Fulham. I'd say risking it with James Rodriguez on your side is the right call.

C is probably a better option than you think mate. He goes out of contract and could get a potentially bumper deal.

If we were looking for a wide player who could do a discount version of Richarlison off the bench he's probably your man. They are impressively similar players statistically.

C is probably a better option than you think mate. He goes out of contract and could get a potentially bumper deal.
It would be if they were using him. As it is he would go an entire season barely playing and then have to try and get a club to buy into him still being good when a championship team didn't think so. At his age sitting on the bench at a second division side just tells everyone your top flight career is over.

I think he had the option to do a Besic, which involves reducing the risk of injury and waiting a few months to become a completely free agent. I don't agree that such actions would have made a top flight move impossible for Josh King. It may have been his last chance to sign for a club like Everton though, maybe.

If there really is no obligation to buy, he is taking a big risk. If he was to suffer a nasty injury, he wouldn't attract anyone at all, and a contract with a championship team would then become Nirvana in comparison to having no contract at all.

Fair play to him if he is taking such a risk. I don't think everyone would.
Watch where Besic ends up though. It'll be a nice step down. That's what King is trying to avoid.

I think he had the option to do a Besic, which involves reducing the risk of injury and waiting a few months to become a completely free agent. I don't agree that such actions would have made a top flight move impossible for Josh King. It may have been his last chance to sign for a club like Everton though, maybe.

If there really is no obligation to buy, he is taking a big risk. If he was to suffer a nasty injury, he wouldn't attract anyone at all, and a contract with a championship team would then become Nirvana in comparison to having no contract at all.

Fair play to him if he is taking such a risk. I don't think everyone would.
In the same category as Niasse and Martina.

Shrewd signing. Can play across the front line and the guy is fast, really fast, and can dribble properly - unlike Richarlison who always seems like he's about to trip over the ball. Should give us a good option from the bench and help us rotate a bit.

I think the big question for Ancelloti is how the hell can we find a system to fit Rodriguez in properly that doesn't upset the balance

As long as he displaces Siggy either directly or in-directly, I welcome this signing. Hopefully he gets fitter and his confidence, real competition for DCL and Richy on current form

Watch where Besic ends up though. It'll be a nice step down. That's what King is trying to avoid.

I'd like to think that King isn't in the same category of crapness as the likes of Besic. But fair enough to the lad, if he is willing to take risks to prove his worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.