Match Thread Everton v Newcastle - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

He has never played midfield for us at all...few games there for Norwich. If anything I would have started Davies in. But one player doesn't make a difference. Just a crap performance....again...

The whole club mentality needs a massive overhaul...but people have been saying that since the 90's...Moyes hit the glass ceiling with us and didn't win any trophies...bottled the top 4 run in and semis with Martinez...dire since then until this year, Ancelotti has without a doubt turned some corner with us, but results and most importantly the performances against Newcastle x 2, Soton, West Ham, Rotherham just shows we are nowhere near top 4 and will likely finish 7-10th

We have some quality...but we don't have enough of it- ANOTHER big summer ahead.
There would be a semblance of credibility in there if it was the same team or same management team for the last years since the 90's .You cannot punish a son for his father's mistakes .
Nevertheless I agree on the fact that we are not at this point top 4 contenders.

True. Take no pleasure whatsoever in saying no surprise at all.
Further to my post, if you think it's another case of an Evertonian giving out criticism of their own team, I was in Wallsend this week and the Toon lad I was speaking to said the Barcodes would win because Sheffield Utd showed how the league is so unpredictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.