Match Thread Everton v Newcastle - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
When was the last game we actually played really well in. We seem to struggle a lot even when we have been winning games.
I'm amazed we are where we are. Even when we were unbeaten at the start of the season, we weren't amazing. Basically the James and Allan effect got us through those games together with some favorable VAR and oppo red cards helping.

Points are papering over the cracks. We've got to be the laziest, slowest premier league team, with zero width, zero idea and zero movement. Heavily reliant on set piece goals and DCL's improvement.

Watching Sigurdsson, Gomes and Davies continually caught on the ball in midfield, with the combined pace of a dead slug actually makes my eyes burn. James can provide brilliance, but him and 2 slug midfielders is just a car crash.

As someone else said, we have 1 plan with too many limited players. Teams can stop this fairly easily.

The Leicester performance and result I can somewhat forgive, but this was another level of bad. We didn’t look like creating anything... against one of the worst teams in the league. Book your ideas up Everton

1A651087-2D5F-418A-A45F-3285CCABC011.jpeg
Is that bench correct? 2 Goalkeepers, not a full quota of subs and no striker? Wtf is going on.

That was embarassing, we haven’t got anyone who can control the midfield or dictate the play. Hopefully Allen is back sooner rather than later.

Game went how I feared. Newcastle were much improved against Leeds - almost certainly due to Graeme Jones making them more positive.

We were horrific yet again. In truth we were poor v Leicester.

Based off the last two performances do you really think things will get any better? There’s too many players not pulling their weight and if a manager with the calibre of Ancelotti can’t even motivate them then what hope is there? I won’t be watching a single moment of an Everton game for the rest of the season. I haven’t watched a single moment since September so it won’t be hard.

Yes, I do think it will get better.

1.) We still have one of the best away records in the whole of the league, 6 wins out of 9 with only 2 defeats.
2.) Our next game is against Leeds away.
3.) Allan is back against Manchester United. Who will make a huge difference to this midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.