Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A point isn't that bad a result on the face of it, it might be if we don't beat the Horse Punchers on Saturday. We are still within 2 points of 4th, maybe a wee bit further back pending the result tomorrow but we're doing ok

Harsh on Pickford letting a stupid goal in like that.

Thought recent games he's dug himself out of a serious rut of errors, had played well and then lets himself down badly tonight.

Hope he doesn't let this affect him like often seems to happen.

Got a point from a game we played crap in, better than the West Ham result, Just couldn't get near them, defensively solid again, Pickford will get the blame and rightly so should have done better.

We move on, as someone said above far from finished article, will help when Doucoure and Allan return.

I mean they've scored from a keeper error, Would have been perfect if Pickford wasn't a blert.
Ancelotti keeps picking him. So again, falls on Ancelotti. The decisions seemed a bold one.

mall I can imagine is that he sees how little football quality we have without Allan and is trying to grind out results until summer.

Not great really that so happy with a point.

We are set up to defend well and make the most of pace and the breaking ball. However, that doesn’t work as well if Richy isn’t up to speed which he definitely isn’t at the minute.

I am not sure what’s going on with him as he was smacking the ground at full time. I’d even consider dropping him to the bench for Newcastle as he either needs a rest or a kick up the arse
Because Gomes passed to the opposition again for the 88th time

Disgusting performance at home to a rival, system wasnt working from 1st minute yet didnt make any changes until they had equalised. We cant keep getting lucky when lying deep.. distance between midfield and Dom was scanadalous and meant nothing stuck up top. Dont think the Digne LW project works, shouldve went with him at LB and put Godfrey to the right as Mason gives us absolutely nothing going forward. Iwobi shouldve started in front of him.
The thing for me though with Dom mate, yes he was isolated for long periods but he doesn't help himself sometimes. He makes himself too easy to mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.