Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
O'Keefe sounding positive over transfers
Just O'Keefe's opinion based on previous, which is right Moshiri has never been shy to back anyone. Not really based on any new quotes or conversations though

That's the great thing about buying highly rated youth prospects. Even if it doesn't work out for them at the club, you can usually at least turn a profit. I much prefer that rather than a deal like Delph on a shelf.

Delph type of deal can work for the right type of player/character. It's just can't be loads of them. Obviously Delph is a toerag and has proven to be awful.

That's the great thing about buying highly rated youth prospects. Even if it doesn't work out for them at the club, you can usually at least turn a profit. I much prefer that rather than a deal like Delph on a shelf.

Yes, I agree; although the Delph deal would have worked if the player wasn't devoid of self pride. Signing them types of players can work just like when we signed Barry, we haven't had much luck with that type of deal since but there is place for them.

Thought Ancelotti was open to selling him :

“First we have to look at the desire of the player,” the Everton manager said. “If the player wants to stay at PSG then of course the two clubs have to sit at the table to talk about this, and we are open to talk.

“The club is open to talk if PSG wants to sign Moise Keane, who is doing really well in this moment.”

I think Ancelotti knows that keeping a player at the club who doesn't want to be there is a bad policy. Even more so with Moise, perhaps, who seems to be a player who's ability only shows when he is at peace of mind and comfortable in his environment. Sounds simple but this attitude from Carlo is already creating a real togetherness in the squad - everyone fighting for the shirt etc. I love this about Ancelotti. Such simple messaging but so effective - boiling down footy into basic truths is the way forward.

Sounds like Carlo is leaving the door open to all possibilities, although perhaps has a preference to have Moise at the club.

“He is scoring a lot of goals, he shows his quality. He is our player and he will be back in June,” he told Sky Sports News. “All the time we have to take into consideration what the player thinks because the players are human. If the player wants to come back we will be happy to have him, if the player wants to stay with Paris Saint-Germain, we have to talk with Paris Saint-Germain."

Sounds like it is up to Moise doesn't it!

Status
Not open for further replies.