2020/21 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will watch him saturday v stoke to see how he gets on

1610649712090.png

Jarrad Branthwaite admits it was an easy decision to join Rovers and become Tony Mowbray's first signing of the January transfer window.

Branthwaite has put pen-to-paper on a loan deal until the end of the 2020-21 campaign from Premier League high-flyers Everton.
The 18-year-old started his career at hometown club Carlisle United, making 14 appearances for the League Two club during the first half of last season, before earning a major move to Everton last January.

The talented teenager has since gone on to make four appearances for Carlo Ancelotti’s side in the Premier League at the end of last season.
And now at Rovers, the youngster jumped at the chance to link up with Tony Mowbray's men.
I’ve been pushing to get this done, to have the opportunity to come to such a good club and play football, it’s something I can’t wait to do now," a beaming Branthwaite told iFollow Rovers.

I heard about the move a couple of weeks ago when I was looking to get away on loan.
Everton have four unbelievable centre backs and I wasn’t going to get game time.
So I felt this was the perfect move for me and I’m just so pleased we could get it done.
This was a no-brainer, this is the club I wanted to come to.

It’s the right decision from me and Everton feel it’s the right decision as well, so it’s perfect for all parties.
Once you get a taste of first team football it’s something that’s addictive, something you want more of.

Hopefully, by me coming here, I can get more minutes and develop further as a player."
And considering Rovers boss Mowbray was also a central defender during his own playing days, Branthwaite is eager to develop under the manager during the next few months as a Rover.

The manager, with how good he is as a coach and the position he played, he was a big factor in me coming to Rovers," he added.
The way we play football, the positioning in the league and the size of the club just made it feel right for me.
The manager was a centre back and I'm sure I can learn off him during this loan spell."

As long as Mowbray doesn't bottle it and puts faith in the lad it's the ideal landing spot for him, very little competition for places considering the position Blackburn are in so i'd expect Branthwaite to be a regular for the rest of this season.

We're long overdue a loan move being a success for us long term.

It seems the ideal loan for him , 6 months this season, 6 months on loan next season maybe , and we still end up with a youngster who just 20 years old. He‘s shown he’s a fantastic prospect , the only thing he’ll miss is the coaching expertise Carlo would have imparted, but time for that later. I’ll follow the Blackburn games with much interest , too many of our loans have gone wrong in the past , but I think he’s got enough about him to make an impact. Good luck lad.

Tony Mowbray believes Jarrad Branthwaite ticks plenty of boxes for what he wants in a modern day central defender.

As a centre back himself during his own playing days, Mowbray knows exactly what's needed at the heart of defence.
With Daniel Ayala joining the long-term absentees of Derrick Williams and Scott Wharton on the sidelines, Bradley Johnson has recently been forced to fill in.

But with the window now open and Rovers light on the ground in the position, Mowbray's made his move to draft in the talented teenage starlet from Premier League high-flyers Everton.

“He was somebody we were aware of when he was at Carlisle and he’s someone who I've watched and who I like," Mowbray revealed to iFollow Rovers.
We’re three centre halves down with Wharton, Williams and Ayala all unavailable and it’s an area where we need to balance off.
It’s not really fair on the team to expect Bradley Johnson to slot into the left centre half spot and for him to know the role inside-out.

It’s been the first time he’s ever played there, so centre back was a position we were in the market for.
Jarrad is a young boy who I really like and saw play against our Under-23s recently as well."
Mowbray sees Branthwaite as a similar sort of defender to Tosin Adarabioyo, who excelled during his season-long loan deal at Ewood Park last season.
And he's hopeful that the highly-rated Branthwaite can have a similar impact during his own spell in East Lancashire.

Everton see him as a young boy who can be a big player for them somewhere down the line," Mowbray added.
But these youngsters need experience and need to play in a team where the manager is shouting at them and moaning.

Jarrad’s got some experience at Carlisle, and it was a fantastic breeding ground for him to go and play in League Two and to test himself against physical strikers.
He went to the Premier League and has played against the brains and the cuteness in that league as well.

He can distribute the ball from the back and is very powerful. His mobility is good and he’s really smooth as well," the boss analysed.
The attributes he possesses suggests to me that he will help us.
I think he’ll be fine for us, but the proof of the pudding is him forcing his way into the team and seeing how he gets on."

Status
Not open for further replies.