Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scratch one more off people's fantasy lists:

Find this a bit funny. You always hear the "if you think you know more than Brands / Carlo why can't you come up with a name of someone good who is available?"

"Jovic is available"

"FANTASY"

This is/was a quality player who was available for a position we need help in while we door in the top 4 with a game in hand.

I cannot stress how much we really need to be getting in players. Quality players.

Find this a bit funny. You always hear the "if you think you know more than Brands / Carlo why can't you come up with a name of someone good who is available?"

"Jovic is available"

"FANTASY"

This is/was a quality player who was available for a position we need help in while we door in the top 4 with a game in hand.

I cannot stress how much we really need to be getting in players. Quality players.

It’s fantasy because we were never linked.

Strike(r) while the iron is hot

UTT
Mr Brands doesn't know what this is

But you're absolutely right. We need to keep the momentum up and a quality addition could really help with that.

We're so close to pushing on. But we need players. The table is so tight. I mean if we'd lost tonight we could have been bottom half by the end of the weekend. Not being dramatic about saying season over or whatever, but it just shows how close it is.

We need players and we need to act.

If that means punting players, fine, but hurry up and get them punted. If there is Roma interest in Bernard (which, there is, despite what Carlo says) get on the phone and get it done, and get those wages freed up.

The whole process just seems so passive, when it's time to be decisive.

It’s fantasy because we were never linked.

I feel we need a more all-round forward than Jovic (who is a poacher) but @riddick 's point still stands.

It's a quality talent available on loan, in a position we need to strengthen, and frankly is a player who is certainly not out of our reach. We know January is a tough time, but there are deals to be done.

I'm not gonna cry about never being in for Jovic, not one bit, but I can understand the frustration.

I feel we need a more all-round forward than Jovic (who is a poacher) but @riddick 's point still stands.

It's a quality player available on loan, in a position we need to strengthen. We know January is a tough time, but there are deals to be done.

I'm not gonna cry about never being in for Jovic, not one bit, but I can understand the frustration.

I don’t really know what his point was. He seemed frustrated simply because I used the word fantasy which was factually correct as we were never linked. Like I wouldn’t use the word fantasy with Caicedo as we are linked.

I don’t really know what his point was. He seemed frustrated simply because I used the word fantasy which was factually correct as we were never linked. Like I wouldn’t use the word fantasy with Caicedo as we are linked.

His point was that it's an attainable player, in a position we need, going on a loan deal.

We don't have to be linked to a player for somebody to suggest that it might have been good to look at them (we may well have done). It's not out of the realms of possibility that a deal like that could happen and could help us improve.

We've never been linked with Dumfries, for example, but I know full well he could be exactly what we'd need at right-back.

Status
Not open for further replies.