Match Thread Wolves v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh but, Cenk gets goals at the weekend, we have no ther striker available (Richie) so he is benched and we play
3 or something

There is defo better options than Carlo has taken here.

Cenk also played 120 mins 3 days ago after having next to no football in 11 months.

The chances are he's absolutely knackered never mind how slow he is anyway.

Yeh but, Cenk gets goals at the weekend, we have no ther striker available (Richie) so he is benched and we play
3 or something

There is defo better options than Carlo has taken here.
Cenk played the whole match plus injury time just a few days ago and hasn’t played a match in months. It’s no shock he isn’t starting tonight. Richarlison only just fit by sounds of it.

....let’s hope my theory of ‘pre-match selection fume = post match contentment’ is accurate.

A couple of thoughts:

It says a lot about what the Manager thinks of Tosun (unless he’s leaving in this window).
We’re clearly setting our stall out to defend, which is fine but we’ll be in a mess if we concede early.
I hope I’m wrong but I don’t see how we’ll get up the pitch with that side. I only hope he’s making a point to the board to get him a striker. If allardyce had picked that side......

Ancelotti On His Team Selection​

Carlo Ancelotti has spoken about his starting XI for tonight's clash...

“We have to manage this," said the boss. "We have two strikers on the bench, but for different reasons they are not able to start. Tosun played two hours after a long time out so is a little bit tired. Richarlison didn’t train a lot. They are on the bench and we have to manage the situation with the players we have.

"Maybe we cannot play so directly, but we can play with more possession and passes in the final third.

“It’s a good opportunity to have a good test for us without two important players. I think the squad is good enough to try to replace them as best as we can.”

They're playing 4-2-3-1

Yep apologies just had a scan there.

Though I still think they will play wing back on the overload, they will take a chance with our overload on their two centre half’s, Dendocker will sweep and bolster their two centre half’s on the breakdown and make a three. They looked at our team and seen we’ve no centre forward.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.