Match Thread Wolves v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Some lad posted this on Jan 8th, He said Bernard was starting but got that wrong but he called DCL.
and well regarding Richarlison..

So given what Ancelotti has just said in the presser:

Pickford

Holgate - Keane - Mina - Godfrey

Doucoure
- Davies - Gomes

-- James -------- Richarlison
Tosun

Think we need the 3 in midfield for this. Gomes and Davies were crap against Rotherham but hopefully with Doucoure in there they'll fare a bit better, certainly our options are limited either way. James and Godfrey should start for me - James needs the minutes (as much as we need the creativity, obviously) and I think Godfrey would be a 'safer' bet up against Traore than Digne would be in his current condition. Hopefully Tosun can try and fill Dom's boots, certainly we need to feed him the opportunities in front of goal wherever possible. I'd have Coleman on the bench as an option for Holgate later in the game if need be, similarly Iwobi & Sigurdsson.

SOME OF THE ANCELOTTI PRE MATCH WOLVES P/C

Tosun celebration​

I think the FA checked this. No further action, so we move on.

Richarlison Latest/Calvert-Lewin out​

Richarlison will have a late check ahead of tomorrow, Calvert-Lewin out with a hamstring problem.

Allan update​

Allan will return in 10-15 days according to the boss

Ancelotti on potential break from football​

Everyone knows the country is in a difficult moment, football also. Football has some players positive, it's difficult to play games.
I think that football can be a good distraction to watch on TV.

On Wolves​

It's a really important test, we don't have a good memory of the last time we played there. We have confidence.
We have to be able to use all the energy we have to recover well, I have a lot of respect for this team.

On Tosun importance​

Cenk did well against Rotherham, he was focused in the box. He was out for a long time, his condition is not at the top, but of course it will be useful to have a striker who is used to scoring goals.”

On evolution since last Wolves defeat​

“We have more consistency, more knowledge. I think defensively we are better compared to six months ago and I hope we can show that tomorrow.

On away form​

I think all the teams have the advantage of playing behind-closed-doors away from home, but a disadvantage at home.

On celebrations​

Honestly there’s no rule that says you’re not allowed to celebrate. We’re really strict to follow the rules the Premier League put in place.
We wear mask in the dressing room, we try to keep social distance. If they tell us not to celebrate, we won’t.

I think it's not a big problem to celebrate. We adapt to everything. No managers celebrate a goal, because you have to wait for the VAR check, the celebration for the manager is gone. It can also be done for the players.

On consistency​

It’s really important, the next games are really important. We want to stay in this position. We need to get results, it will be difficult,
we have some players out but we have the squad to be able to manage these kind of games.

Calvert-Lewin injury​

He had a little problem during the week before West Ham, but for the fact he has never had this kind of injury he wasn’t able to judge himself. We want to keep him safe and, when he comes back, to be 100%”

With an important player like Dominic, we have to be able to replace him in a different way. We have to adapt for this, for sure we will be less dangerous on crosses but perhaps we can be more dangerous with the final pass.

On James Rodriguez level​

“He has to train properly, as he trained the last week, and he has to play. The fact that he played 99 minutes in the cup helped him to have a better condition for the future, that’s for sure.

On physical improvements​

No I don’t think so. he has to keep his quality at the top, and his quality is not physical. I didn’t sign him to have more physical power in the squad, but for more quality. The work of a manager is to try and put this quality and physicality together

With squad news (no DCL and Allan - Richie doubtful) - I think Carlo will stick with the 4-2-3-1 and try and snatch a goal.

Pickford
Godfrey Mina Keane Digne
Doucoure Gomes
James Siggurdsson Iwobi
Richarlison/Tosun

I don't think he will play James in the central no10 role, which means we have Sigg, leaves us awfully slow.

So given what Ancelotti has just said in the presser:

Pickford

Holgate - Keane - Mina - Godfrey

Doucoure
- Davies - Gomes

-- James -------- Richarlison
Tosun

Think we need the 3 in midfield for this. Gomes and Davies were crap against Rotherham but hopefully with Doucoure in there they'll fare a bit better, certainly our options are limited either way. James and Godfrey should start for me - James needs the minutes (as much as we need the creativity, obviously) and I think Godfrey would be a 'safer' bet up against Traore than Digne would be in his current condition. Hopefully Tosun can try and fill Dom's boots, certainly we need to feed him the opportunities in front of goal wherever possible. I'd have Coleman on the bench as an option for Holgate later in the game if need be, similarly Iwobi & Sigurdsson.

Think it's been hopeful that Rich is fit, tbh.

Gylfi will play over Gomes. Iwobi probably instead of Rich.

Status
Not open for further replies.