2020/21 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a player there. His almost perfect ball over the top to Tosun showed a lot of vision and some quality with his passing. If it was DCL running onto that ball would have been a goal scoring opportunity. The header he made when we conceded was a bit tame but he tried his best to cover the ground. Lad is still young for a number 6 and I believe there is more to come.

Trouble is with Davies, he is playing a position now that requires really match experience.
Last two players in that role have been Guaye who came to us 6 weeks shy of 27 and Allan 30 years of age. Davies is 22.
Even being kind, by that token we'll have to wait a few years for an acceptable improvement given hes got over 120 games under his belt. His current status is Midfield Player...and unfortunately one who can effect the basics of a professional footballer only occasionally...the ability to tackle cleanly, retain the ball, turn, advance and pass to a teammate with accuracy and conviction. I dont know how long we can tread water whilst hes playing so poorly especially given we have a couple of other ineffective idlers making up the numbers.

Yez all need to get of da lad's back!

Tom totally bossed that Rotherham midfield today (second from bottom of the Championship)
and he chipped in with a couple of vital goals.

What more do you all want?

:coffee:

I like the kid .. outside of football the way he lives just like a normal lad nothing flash or bragging is everton

but today he was very poor with gomes they should of took it by the scruff of the neck ... i think he needs for himself to go elsewhere and he could flourish

If Allan was available he probably wouldnt have played. He has done an ok job over the last few weeks but today he was terrible. Not even sure he knew what he was doing when he headed that ball which led to the equaliser. Also I like our players getting stuck in but I feel he always goes a bit too far and concedes needless fouls when he doesn’t really need to. A bit like erm Andre Gomes lol

We really need to phase the likes of these players out.

Over 100 appearance's now and, even though he's 22 - my view is he's not good enough.

He's indicative of a problem with Everton over the years - 'meh' central midfielders.

I think 'meh' is being far too kind on him as well.

Absolutely brain dead and today was total proof that he literally has no game management. He would get absolutely destroyed in the Championship and League 1

I think 'meh' is being far too kind on him as well.

Absolutely brain dead and today was total proof that he literally has no game management. He would get absolutely destroyed in the Championship and League 1

He's hard work.

How many times is he MOTM?

How many times does he stand out?

How many times does he do *something*

Can he play any purposeful ball forward? Is he capable of ever scoring or contributing regularly? If not - what does he offer off the ball?

He's just... meh to me.

As much as that Dave, which stats you been looking at. Not good enough, end of.
I like the idea of Davies being an Everton regular; the reality though is that I wince everytime I see him play.

Where did that player go to - the one in the second half of the first Koeman season? That City game when he single handedly swamped them?

Flattered to deceive.

Where to start with yet another painful performance. At one point today i seen the ball come to him in the air and he had nobody around him at all and under no pressure he just aimlessly headed it forward and right back to them allowing them to counter attack again. Made no effort to find a team mate whatsoever. Not good enough sorry.

Over 100 appearance's now and, even though he's 22 - my view is he's not good enough.

He's indicative of a problem with Everton over the years - 'meh' central midfielders.
You look at the level of Doucoure and Allan, the level of competing where this club should be, and he is so far from it. Doesn't break forward, doesn't intelligently screen the back 4, doesn't pop up with goals but people defend him because he's capable of putting in a couple tackles against crap teams like Sheff U.

Status
Not open for further replies.