Match Thread Everton v West Ham United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
With pressing show ignored contact .
In guessing its a yank ?
If I were to offer a clue it would be this...

tenor.gif

imo Richarlison is the key, it’s been said he hasn’t been that good, but in the games I’ve seen he’s looked dangerous when running with the ball from the left. His decisions setting up chances have been poor he gets that right more and lots more goals will come. Imo he’s our most important player.
Agree mate but Richarlison sees his runs too, no one else has that vision. Trust me keep both fit and firing and add a red hot striker in DCL and we are in business the 2nd half of the season!

Interesting article in most of today's papers on signing Olsen on a permanent but also says Carlo needs to check on Keane before naming today's side.

FOOTBALL

Everton looking to sign Robin Olsen on permanent deal when transfer window opens​

Olsen has impressed with his calm demeanour

Olsen has impressed with his calm demeanour
REX FEATURES
Paul Joyce, Northern Football Correspondent
Friday January 01 2021, 12.01am, The Times

Everton plan to sign Sweden goalkeeper Robin Olsen permanently and are looking to press ahead with a deal when the transfer window opens.
Olsen, 30, moved from AS Roma on a season-long loan to increase competition for places with Jordan Pickford and it is understood that a £6 million valuation was placed on him at the time of his switch.
He has made three appearances so far, including the Carabao Cup quarter-final defeat against Manchester United, with Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti opting to rest Pickford on occasions.
Olsen has impressed with his calm demeanour and when Ancelotti was asked if he wanted to tie up a permanent deal for the player, he said: “Yes, I think we are pleased to have him here.
“He is a goalkeeper with experience so I think we are going to talk with him and his agent to find a solution for him to be here permanently. It can be done in January or in June.

“We had important players out — Digne, Allan, Richarlison. With these players the squad is good enough to be in European position. We have a good squad for this. To be in the top four will be more difficult.

“At this moment we are pleased to be there, but this doesn’t mean we are at the same level as these top teams.”

Ancelotti, who must check on the fitness of Michael Keane, added he will allow anyone who wants to leave his squad for more regular football to go. Cenk Tosun has been linked with a move to West Bromwich Albion and teaming up again with Sam Allardyce, who signed the Turkey forward in January 2018.

The 30-year-old came on loan from Roma to increase competition for places with Jordan Pickford and it is understood that a £6 million valuation was placed on him at the time of his switch in October. He has made three appearances, including the Carabao Cup quarter-final defeat by Manchester United.

Olsen has impressed with his calm demeanour and when Ancelotti was asked if he wanted to tie up a permanent deal for the goalkeeper, the Everton manager said: “Yes, we are pleased to have him here. He is a goalkeeper with experience so we are going to talk with him. I think he gives good support to Jordan also.”

I said it in his thread but people really need to wrap their heads around how winning one game or even four doesn't necessarily mean you'll always win playing that way.

I agree with getting James back in ASAP tbh, preferably at 10 where his creativity would be s huge asset. Tbh the above sentiment applies to almost any style of playing but I do get it and would have Rodriguez back in a flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.