Match Thread POSTPONED: Everton v Manchester City - Preview only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye, but they need to be consistent changes.

Last season should have been written off due to act of God.

This season should have been started with set rules and adhered to.

Both didn't happen, so both seasons are a joke. Money has talked over integrity.
Im shocked that its taken this long for you to realise that football is motivated solely by money.

Couldn't agree less.
You don't have to watch it or comment on it if you don't like it.
I know for me and a lot more sport is the one thing that has got them through this pandemic anyway.

What do you disagree with? Do you think football restarted for you? Like the Premier League gives the slightest toss about you?

They don't. They care about your wallet, nothing else. Every single thing they do stinks of it.

Yes, personally. I always found it stupid that it restarted - we're in a global pandemic; any team sport should be binned when infection rates are high - but at least at the start of the season every club started under the same rules.

Once crowds were allowed back in depending on geography and they changed the amount of subs half way through the season, the integrity of the competition disintegrated in my eyes and it became completely and utterly pointless.

The only - and I mean only reason football is continuing is money.

Without sport I would be majorly down at times I reckon. I agree with most of what you're saying but not this. We need some sort of entertainment or escapism to get us through. Everyone else has to continue working as well.

What do you disagree with? Do you think football restarted for you? Like the Premier League gives the slightest toss about you?

They don't. They care about your wallet, nothing else. Every single thing they do stinks of it.
I disagree that it should not have started .
If it bothers you why watch and comment.
I have no problem paying to watch football. I enjoy it immensely.

Of course they did.

As I kept saying earlier it's telling Man City sought the postponement.

It's sod all to do with a compromised bubble - they had covid cases since before Christmas and still played boxing day.

I think Everton are calling the league out and rightly so - it's chaotic and there's no threshold or clear protocol - consistency - on what causes game postponement for Covid.
I'm not so convinced they did this slyly - I still think when numbers start to grow quickly you have no choice. HOWEVER, if they did, they are in big danger of being hoist by their own petard.

They are next scheduled to play on 3rd Jan - 6 days away. They have already declared they have 5 covid-infected players, who will now need to quarantine for 12 - 14 days. If they have used the numbers game for postponing today's game, they cannot possibly declare themselves able to play on the 3rd. And even then there's a good chance the numbers may increase.

So this could (should) put City out of action for 2 weeks at least, in a season that started late (so we're playing catch up anyway), in which they are still in all competitions, and where this deferment will give them the mother of all fixture congestions somewhere down the line.

On a practical level, I'd take our chances of playing them on their 6th game in 10 days when our best are hopefully back and we may even be able to have the benefit of a significantly larger home crowd.

I'm not so convinced they did this slyly - I still think when numbers start to grow quickly you have no choice. HOWEVER, if they did, they are in big danger of being hoist by their own petard.

They are next scheduled to play on 3rd Jan - 6 days away. They have already declared they have 5 covid-infected players, who will now need to quarantine for 12 - 14 days. If they have used the numbers game for postponing today's game, they cannot possibly declare themselves able to play on the 3rd. And even then there's a good chance the numbers may increase.

So this could (should) put City out of action for 2 weeks at least, in a season that started late (so we're playing catch up anyway), in which they are still in all competitions, and where this deferment will give them the mother of all fixture congestions somewhere down the line.

On a practical level, I'd take our chances of playing them on their 6th game in 10 days when our best are hopefully back and we may even be able to have the benefit of a significantly larger home crowd.
My thoughts are that it was postponed cos they didn't know the extent of the outbreak and were concerned it was fairly widespread.

If they manage to isolate the positives there's no reason why they cant fulfil future fixtures.

But we shall see what unfolds.

Surprisingly gutted the match is off as I agree with those people saying in the round it probably benefits us. Like probably most of you though I’d built my day around it and was looking forward to seeing what we’d do.

Feel especially sorry for the two thousand with a ticket. Must be gutting.
It makes West Ham easier, but I think it will make beating Man City much harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.