Match Thread POSTPONED: Everton v Manchester City - Preview only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the official announcement it's fair to say we're not happy...
Surely if city, with all their academy players etc can't provide 14 match for players we have every right to request the result be awarded as a forfeit 3-0 defeat In our favour?

Can you post links? (Would be greatly appreaciated, I don’t do twitter and all that)

Never also retweeted 3 or 4 tweets from people giving out

Screenshot_20201228-203707_Twitter.jpg

Ex-Liverpool player in the Amazon studio saying Everton won't be carried away at being 2nd in the table and will be just happy to finish top-half this season because that's historically where they always expect to finish.

Citeh absolutely pulled a fast one here. Very rare Everton as a club come out with these type of statements. Stinks to high heaven.

Of course they did.

As I kept saying earlier it's telling Man City sought the postponement.

It's sod all to do with a compromised bubble - they had covid cases since before Christmas and still played boxing day.

I think Everton are calling the league out and rightly so - it's chaotic and there's no threshold or clear protocol - consistency - on what causes game postponement for Covid.

For two consecutive seasons we have a league competition where the authorities have made up the rules as they go.

How can anyone in their right mind take either year seriously?

This isn't bitterness either because LFC won the league last year; they were the best team by a mile and, if anything, they're badly unlucky that it'll go down in history with an asterisk as they would have won at a canter.

No, rather it's just common sense. We're 2nd in the league now, but if we finished 2nd it'd mean nothing to me given the stupidity of it all.

For two consecutive seasons we have a league competition where the authorities have made up the rules as they go.

How can anyone in their right mind take either year seriously?

This isn't bitterness either because LFC won the league last year; they were the best team by a mile and, if anything, they're badly unlucky that it'll go down in history with an asterisk as they would have won at a canter.

No, rather it's just common sense. We're 2nd in the league now, but if we finished 2nd it'd mean nothing to me given the stupidity of it all.
What do you suggest.
Call it all off.
Without football the last few months I can safely say I would be at my lowest point anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.