Match Thread POSTPONED: Everton v Manchester City - Preview only

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should play exactly how we did against Chelsea where form and ‘on-paper’ looked like we’d get hammered.

We’ve got a real chance against any team, though I think five league wins in a row may be a step too far and I think we’ll lose this one. Hope I’m wrong!

I've just said it's "playing the odds". That means it's not guaranteed to work out, but one action is more likely to work than the other.
To be honest I think a lot of people are indeed playing the odds.

We all know Carlo ain't gonna concede defeat and we also don't have the squad for massive rotation, so they are playing the odds.

The odds they are playing is defeat and injuries to players, then they get to "I told you so".

Its textbook stuff from some.

Don't forget this game is a six.pointer as City are a rival for a European place at end of season while West Ham are not so strongest line up should face City. My previous post about Iwobii as a lone striker was only offered as a suggestion if Carlo decided to rest DCL

I think we are looking at rotation here, including resting DCL.

Olsen
Coleman Mina Keane Godfrey
Iwobi Doucoure Davies Gomes Gordon
Tosun

Pickford, Lossl, Nkounkou, Kenny, Holgate, Branthwaite, Bernard, Sigurdsson, DCL
We then start Richarlison, James, Sigurdsson and DCL against West Ham (who play away to Southampton on Tuesday).

Rotate the key players, Defend like we did against Chelsea, Try to grab a win or a draw, Get Richarlison and James back for West Ham and go full strength to batter them.
Sadly not every team gets 8 days of rest in this league.

Totally agree with those saying rotation is necessary. The absolute last thing we need is another injury, least of all to DCL who has run himself into the ground lately. I don’t want to see Tosun up top, but I want to see DCL injured even less. Bet Doucs is absolutely goosed too.

Olsen
Holgate Keane Mina Godfrey
Davies Gomes
Iwobi Gylfi Bernard
Tosun

Bring Coleman, Gordon and DCL on with 20 to play if we’re still in the game.

I think we are looking at rotation here, including resting DCL.

Olsen
Coleman Mina Keane Godfrey
Iwobi Doucoure Davies Gomes Gordon
Tosun

Pickford, Lossl, Nkounkou, Kenny, Holgate, Branthwaite, Bernard, Sigurdsson, DCL
We then start Richarlison, James, Sigurdsson and DCL against West Ham (who play away to Southampton on Tuesday).

I'm on board with this really. Just a couple of extra points for me. Firstly Holgate seems a fit lad to me, so he would be in, probably in midfield for Doucoure. I'd also rest Mina and pmay Godfrey inside, allow Nkounkou to play. I'd also consider Bernard for Iwobi.

Hard one though, as I think Mina will be a big threat of set plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.