Match Thread POSTPONED: Everton v Manchester City - Preview only

Status
Not open for further replies.
The amount of people willing to roll over for City is baffling.

They are still a very good side, but they arent the all-conquering side they were, they are below us in the table for a start!

Yes we have had a packed calendar and we need to rotate, but to be honest with our injuries there isn't massive scope for big changes.

We need to keep the momentum, I remember Mosh getting pelters for his "expected loss" comment and there's pages of people here just throwing a game away. The West Ham game has the same amount of points as the City game and the message beating City would send would be HUGE.

So personally I would be putting all our eggs in the City basket, a very fragile basket indeed, but eggs, omelette as Jose would say.

I'd play a largely reserve side and target the West Ham game instead.

Theres a chance we sneak a 0-0 but only a small one and not worth the effort in the midst of a packed schedule.
Mental. City are beatable this season. We should have rested the team for the Worthless Cup game which would have meant we still had Richy now. We could be pushing for the title with a win here. Rotate the team after this one. Getting Champions league next season is imperative to bringing in top tallet.

I'd play a largely reserve side and target the West Ham game instead.

Theres a chance we sneak a 0-0 but only a small one and not worth the effort in the midst of a packed schedule.

The mad thing is when we look leggy or get loads of injuries fans moan but then they expect the exact same team to play 90 minutes every week even if its 6-7 games in 14 days.

You simply have to rotate when playing 2 games within 48 hours between them. Got to think about the players welfare as well.

The mad thing is when we look leggy or get loads of injuries fans moan but then they expect the exact same team to play 90 minutes every week even if its 6-7 games in 14 days.

You simply have to rotate when playing 2 games within 48 hours between them. Got to think about the players welfare as well.
Rolling over to get your tummy tickled by Manc tramps.

Could never be me.

Rolling over to get your tummy tickled by Manc tramps.

Could never be me.

I would love a win but realistically its too risky with the depleted squad to risk muscle injuries running the same players into the ground. A good 6 days rest until West Ham for the lads who've played the last 6 games in under 2 weeks and give the likes of Gordon, Bernard, Davies, Nkounkou a run out

We'll probably get a draw at best but would we get anything more with the likes of DCL/Doucoure blowing out their backsides like in the cup game last week?

And to stop their hamstrings exploding and them missing 2-3 months over the sake of 1 game that realistically we probably won't win anyway as they'll be knackered having played 46 hours previously.

Dont know if you've ever played/competed in sport/physical competition but there is no way they'll physically be able to just "go again" in that short space of time its just not worth the risk.
convinced.

Olsen
Coleman - Holgate/Keane - Mina - Godfrey
Davies - Gomes - Doucoure
Iwobi - Tosun - Gordon

A very tough game to play especially considering the fixture pileup and limited number to play.

We can rest DCL so he is fresh against West Ham when Richarlison and James are back. Tosun will have a hard job to hold the ball up but willing runners in Gordon and Iwobi as support will aid him.

Defensively, keeping it as close to the original lineup as possible but Keane in depending on injury. Nkounkou would be perhaps better against a lesser attack so West Ham and FA Cup to give him minutes and Godfrey a rest or play his natural position at centre back.

I think Sigurdsson is needed to rest also Doucoure and Iwobi but no much option from the bench so they could start with one eye on them being replaced as sub.

City on a very good run like ourselves so I expect a tough game. If we can keep our shape and take our chances, I can see us taking something from this.

I would love a win but realistically its too risky with the depleted squad to risk muscle injuries running the same players into the ground. A good 6 days rest until West Ham for the lads who've played the last 6 games in under 2 weeks and give the likes of Gordon, Bernard, Davies, Nkounkou a run out

We'll probably get a draw at best but would we get anything more with the likes of DCL/Doucoure blowing out their backsides like in the cup game last week?
Well we need to rotate, but I doubt Carlo sees this as a free defeat.

City played last night as well. Anything could happen

Status
Not open for further replies.