Match Thread Everton v Man.United Carabao Cup - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are far and away a superior squad to ours
They are almost guaranteed top 4
City wont get close to top 4, even if they come ahead of us, there are plenty of sides who will be in front of them, UTD, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea, Everton, possibly Leicester city , all could easily be ahead of City, at least 4 will

Like us City will be desperate for a cup this season

City wont get close to top 4, even if they come ahead of us, there are plenty of sides who will be in front of them, UTD, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea, Everton, possibly Leicester city , all could easily be ahead of City, at least 4 will

Like us City will be desperate for a cup this season
If they win their game in hand they go third.
Id be stunned if they don't get too 4.

Finally someone else sick of the Everton that mindset.
If we're gonna break ahead we the fan's need to as well.
No offense meant but I think that's nonsense personally. No team's ever won stuff due to fans' optimism. Nor do they lose out on trophies because the fans have a pessimistic outlook.
It's the other way round actually. teams win stuff because they're good enough which breeds an optimistic attitude amongst the fans. The more sustained the success, eg. the rs under Shankley, Paisley, Fagin and Dalglish or Utd under Ferguson the more accustomed the fans get and the more ingrained that attitude becomes.
This then translates into what we often refer to as a sense of entitlement eg. rs and Utd fans. To a lesser degree, Arsenal fans. A whole generation of whom have watched their team qualify for the Champions League and win trophies on a fairly regular basis.

And, obviously, the opposite is true. The longer a club goes without winning stuff, the more fatalistic the fans become.

If Villa win both there games in hand they.go second, I know what you mean, I just dont see City sticking with it, even games they have won this season they don't look impressive
A fun thing is that City and Villa have the lowest goals allowed in the league currently. I doubt they will finish there or even be there when they make up the games, but it is fun for now.

City are title contenders possibly because they are defending well. It's a bit backward, but unless Aguero throws it back to 2014 that is probably the best shot they've got.

Anyway United hopefully have bought their own hype and leave out Fernandes and Rashford. And Martial as he always scores.

Go in and overwhelm McGuire and Lindelof.

Olsen
Holgate Mina Keane Godfrey
Iwobi Doucoure Sigurdsson James
Calvert-Lewin Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.