Players you were wrong about

Status
Not open for further replies.

pedro789

Player Valuation: £5m
DCL - didn’t see him performing at this level consistently, saw flashes early on but never expected anything like this season

Delph - thought he was decent signing at the time, hoped he could’ve been Gareth Barry type for few years

Barkley - loved him, thought he was most exciting young player since Rooney

On the plus side always thought Keane, Iwobi could develop into decent players even when they/team weren’t doing great. Deffo getting there.

Delph for sure. Thought he'd be a Gareth Barry style signing, but no. Big time Charlie type of footballer with none of the ability to back it up.

Jelavic another. Thought he was world class when he first arrived and couldn't see it going wrong. But then it all went sensationally wrong.

DCL for sure. Could not see a premier league footballer in there at all. Hard worker, but his touch was abysmal. The only question mark I have on him now, is just his conviction on his finishing. He's poaching goals which is a talentt in itself, but just needs that real clinical edge in 1v1's, regular style chances (not poaching changes). Harry Kane struggled for this for a while and then found his thing. I'm confident DCL will.

It is also nice to see a player written off really turn it around through hard work. Add that to the fact he's very, very athletic and strong.

I woulnd't say Keane as I've always maintained his faults are vulnerable when we played full on attacking football with full backs bombing on. Now he has protection from Wide areas, he isn't getting dragged wide and can focus on what he is good at.

McFadden - He was OK but nothing special, thought he’d be amazing though. Was at the league cup game and then the Leeds game that Watson scored a hat trick in and he looked like Messi.

Bilyaletdinov - Thought he’d be quality as well. Russia has a few talents coming through at the time and thought he’d be up there with them.

Delph in a bad way.
Iwobi in a good way.
Beattie , van der Meyde and Drenthe in a bad way.
On a non Everton matter , I remember telling my lad that Thiery Henry was fast in a straight line , but was massively over rated when Arsenal signed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.