2020/21 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.

It depends doesn't it. Ryan Giggs played wide for a very successful side but I don't remember him scoring 10+ goals a season all that often.

let’s not compare Ryan Giggs to Theo Walcott, that’s just totally ridiculous. Whilst you’re trying draw comparisons on their goals scoring records from the wings, it’s totally mute considering giggs was by one of the most skilful players in the league for over a decade.

let’s not compare Ryan Giggs to Theo Walcott, that’s just totally ridiculous. Whilst you’re trying draw comparisons on their goals scoring records from the wings, it’s totally mute considering giggs was by one of the most skilful players in the league for over a decade.

I did not make a comparison. Mentioning two different players is not drawing a comparison.

I am just saying that not all wide players at good sides score 10+ a season.

Seen all his games for Saints, he's playing 'ok'.

He's seen as good value because Everton are paying half his wages and there's no fee involved even if he signs for them next season. Still struggling a little to adapt to their system but the expectations are different there, not lower but different.

There never was any evidence that Walcott was a prolific or natural goalscorer, so you use his talents to your best advantage. His value to this Saints team is direct running and link up play. He's not superb, but good, their manager's main skill is getting players to understand the job he wants them to do.

Bear in mind many Saints supporters wanted him dropped in favour of Redmond against Arsenal. Fans, what do we know eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.