2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope Gomes starts next game. Played well tonight. Not the fastest player but one of the smartest and also I do not dislike him and don't let the hatred blur what I see of him. Decent player, not a defensive player I agree but he never put us on the back foot but rather put us on the front foot with good passing. Need a good passer of the ball to relieve pressure and that is what he did.

Oh by the way it wasn't a penalty so do not see the reasons to blame him for a non-penalty:oops:

Didn't think it was a foul for the non-pen even if he didn't touch the ball. Looked like it was in real time, but on the replay it's a massive dive from Perez in my opinion.

On Gomes though, his lack of any defensive awareness or ability whatsoever is my biggest concern. You need to be able to at least know where to stand or run to play centre mid, and he really, really struggles in that regard. As has been said many times, if he plays, it has to be in a floating role without much defensive responsibility. Certainly can't play in a midfield two.

Too slow since that drated injury - no replacement for Allan horsepower than Sig .......
Holgate could Marshall the midfield. Gomes did ok with Doucoure slotting in. Siggardson is more effective higher up,the field from a defensive perspective he seems more comfortable tracking from there. He played ok but I think James could do a much better job from the same position. Gone off topic a bit there talking about midfield as a whole.

Hope Gomes starts next game. Played well tonight. Not the fastest player but one of the smartest and also I do not dislike him and don't let the hatred blur what I see of him. Decent player, not a defensive player I agree but he never put us on the back foot but rather put us on the front foot with good passing. Need a good passer of the ball to relieve pressure and that is what he did.

Oh by the way it wasn't a penalty so do not see the reasons to blame him for a non-penalty:oops:
I thought he was awful when he came on and for the early part of the 2nd half. Was totally he his heels so often receiving passes was driving me insane. It was his fault holgate took a booking. Richarlison turned his man on the edge of their box and Gomes was I front of his man, Richarlison rolls it in to him and he’s on his heels, gets the ball nicked off him and and they counter attacked.

I was ready to explode when they gave the pen, people will say great tackle, but he was very lucky imo. I don’t think I can watch him for 6 weeks.

I thought he was awful when he came on and for the early part of the 2nd half. Was totally he his heels so often receiving passes was driving me insane. It was his fault holgate took a booking. Richarlison turned his man on the edge of their box and Gomes was I front of his man, Richarlison rolls it in to him and he’s on his heels, gets the ball nicked off him and and they counter attacked.

I was ready to explode when they gave the pen, people will say great tackle, but he was very lucky imo. I don’t think I can watch him for 6 weeks.
The way I seen it was he kept us playing as much as we could. He was keeping us in possession as much as anyone. He was preventing us being camped in our own half just doing DCL hopeful hoofs and was making himself readily available for defenders to pass to. I seen him as a great pressure reliever. He didn't play the perfect game and we can find the faults of every player tonight barring Keeper and 2 CBs. With Dacoure going defensive Gomes did as good a job as anyone IMO

Huge next two months for this lad with Allan out. If the rumors are true and we're after midfield reinforcements in January, it's not much of a vote of confidence in the likes of him or skater boy.

To be honest, I thought André Gomes played ok against Leicester. He may not have bossed the midfield when he came on, but he did enough and also made a decent tackle to prevent their lad (Fofana?) progressing further into our penalty area; luckily for us, common sense prevailed and a pen wasn't given. Obviously, he's no replacement for Allan, so Ancelotti will need to get his thinking cap on to sort out that problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.