2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the Richarlisons' better games against Chelsea; looked like he was playing for himself, not the team, and could have easily cost us the points by marching up to Sigurdsson and getting in his face whilst the guy was trying to spot the ball for the pen.

If Richarlison is carrying an injury or his suffering from fatigue, then he should be rested. To be honest though, he's just looking and acting like a stroppy child at times. He's a professional footballer, getting a professional footballers wage, and he needs to start behaving as such or GTF, because a half-arsed Richalison is doing no one any good.

On a related note, while assuming the primadonna role is never a good look for any player, I can't help thinking weak leadership also plays a part. Sigurdsson was our captain tonight, but doesn't seem to have any moral authority given the way Richarlison carried on. Similarly, Mirallas's display spoke of a distinct lack of respect for Baines and the captain Jagielka. I'm not sure you see this in sides with strong leadership. Regardless, Richarlison was out of order tonight. If he'd been banging in goals left right and centre this season I'd forgive it. He hasn't. He needs to keep his head down and work on his own game. While trying to grab a goal through a penalty is understandable in a drought, imagine the damage to his confidence if he'd missed it. Ha. I wouldn't back him in a one-horse race right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.