2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s why I don’t understand the shouts that he’s not a long term manager, he reinvented that Milan team a few times and kept them competitive.
Probably because since 1999, these are his managerial terms: -

Juventus 1.8 years
Milan 7.6 years
Chelsea 2,5 years
PSG 1.5 years
Madrid 2.5 years
Bayern 2.5 years
Napoli 1.5 years

So in 7 jobs in the past 20 years, only 1 has been for more than 2.5 years, so Milan is very much the exception.

If he stays for 3 years, it would only be the second time he's done that since 1999.

This is the cut off for me, minimum.

We need to swerve completely turning on managers after 18 months in the job full-stop, least of all Carlo Ancelotti. If it's looking like no real tangible on-the-field improvement has been seen by the end of next season then that is the time to start asking the serious questions.. but not now.
If Ancelotti's not living up to his rep It might take that long, before the penny drops for all and sundry. If it does turn to custard I think it will be obvious well before the end of 2021-22.
The improvement will also be obvious too
2021 should be interesting
If one thing has become clear since 2016, it's that you just know when a manager's time is up.

For Ancelotti, this will be at the end of his contract. Reputation and status mean as much in football as any other walk of life, and I'm certain that the DoF's head would roll long before the manager's in this case.

My worry is that Everton are wasting this opportunity by failing to manage the squad. People talk about it being impossible to shift the underperforming high earners, but the likes of Delph and Sigurdsson would have soon had their agents sorting out moves if they'd been ordered to see out their contracts training with the kids.

If the club wanted someone to make do and mend until these big deals expire in 2022, they should have hired according to this brief. As always, the situation is unworkable because the people 'running' the club don't know what they're doing.

Many of these players are unmanageable. They've not tried for years so won't start now.

That is not a reasonable excuse, in my opinion. Very few professional Footballers reach this level and are unmanageable. Balotelli is one exception. The manager sets the boundaries and expectations for the team in terms of performance, behaviour and work rate. If a player or several players fall below that, the manager has a decision to make. He can exclude them or permit it to continue, then it will spread to other areas of the squad. I do not think Ancelotti has had the success he has by tolerating players who fail to follow his instructions or standards.

Probably because since 1999, these are his managerial terms: -

Juventus 1.8 years
Milan 7.6 years
Chelsea 2,5 years
PSG 1.5 years
Madrid 2.5 years
Bayern 2.5 years
Napoli 1.5 years

So in 7 jobs in the past 20 years, only 1 has been for more than 2.5 years, so Milan is very much the exception.

If he stays for 3 years, it would only be the second time he's done that since 1999.

Those list of clubs dont have history of keeping any managers long term.

That is not a reasonable excuse, in my opinion. Very few professional Footballers reach this level and are unmanageable. Balotelli is one exception. The manager sets the boundaries and expectations for the team in terms of performance, behaviour and work rate. If a player or several players fall below that, the manager has a decision to make. He can exclude them or permit it to continue, then it will spread to other areas of the squad. I do not think Ancelotti has had the success he has by tolerating players who fail to follow his instructions or standards.

They cant play to a level that is acceptable for where we need to be. They don't run as much as opponents, they don't battle or fight. They are easy to play against and don't want to win enough.

No manager could make them change. They've coasted ever since they came to the club in many cases.

They cant play to a level that is acceptable for where we need to be. They don't run as much as opponents, they don't battle or fight. They are easy to play against and don't want to win enough.

No manager could make them change. They've coasted ever since they came to the club in many cases.

But we see coaches far less experienced than Ancelotti get commitment, fight and organisation from far worse players.

In your opinion, how much responsibility does the manager of any team have for sending out a team that is motivated and organised?

Is it not his role to communicate and instill his values into the players? A failure to do that, is a failure for both player and manager, not just player.

But we see coaches far less experienced than Ancelotti get commitment, fight and organisation from far worse players.

In your opinion, how much responsibility does the manager of any team have for sending out a team that is motivated and organised?

Is it not his role to communicate and instill his values into the players? A failure to do that, is a failure for both player and manager, not just player.

The manager has lots of responsibility but you cant mitigate for players who have underachieved for several seasons. You only improve when they are no longer at the club. A losing mentality will remain at the club until the squad is overhauled.

3 previous managers got nothing from them.

The likes of Sigurdsson on his massive contract, with massive wages, has seen three managers off ( if you include Allardyce )

How do you suggest we " motivate " him ??.

People talk about sticking them in the U23`s, but as a team we can`t afford to do that, as we haven`t got the squad to fill the gaps left by the over paid, can`t be arsed waisters.

Until these players are gone, we`re stuck with them.

The likes of Sigurdsson on his massive contract, with massive wages, has seen three managers off ( if you include Allardyce )

How do you suggest we " motivate " him ??.

People talk about sticking them in the U23`s, but as a team we can`t afford to do that, as we haven`t got the squad to fill the gaps left by the over paid, can`t be arsed waisters.

Until these players are gone, we`re stuck with them.
It honestly feels as if he has been here for ten years.

Ten long, long, long years.

So for the umpteenth time, I'll ask you......
If that happens (and imo it won't) who do you want as manager knowing that you will be saying exactly the same when he fails in a year or 18 months.
I’ve already said you I’d like as manager. I think Brendan Rodgers could do a decent job for us.

He’s still got the the hunger to succeed, something I don’t think Ancelotti has anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.