2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile in Mattys...

Attachments

• 4AD6C46A-F91E-43BC-AB5D-476FBB82DCF9.jpeg
    4AD6C46A-F91E-43BC-AB5D-476FBB82DCF9.jpeg
    84.9 KB · Views: 57
CB - Highly unlikely he is a five year manager; never mind a five year's to develop a squad before he takes it on to compete.

This my core question about CA & his appointment. He is a great manager, but not a long terms one. We need a long term commitment and he might not be the answer to that.
It all depends on how long any given person - me, you, Moshiri, thinks long term is.
He's been here a year and what a strange 1 off year, anyway if its still not much better in another 18mtns, hard questions must be asked

Well, I am disappointed with Carlo so far. He has underachieved for my money and not lived up to the wages
he's getting. He gets a 5 out of 10 for me.

Signings: Paying 20+ million for a 29 year old Allan is nuts. Allan is ok but he does not have the engine or skill either to run a midfield or play box-to-box. Doucoure is a machine but he is not a creator. And getting James,
who is the most skilful player EFC have seen this century, means that because he cannot tackle or run back
the team has to be specially constructed. And that has not happened. The team needs a top right winger which
means that James has to play at no. 10. Can he do that?

Style of play: Nothing definable.

Game management and tactics: Average. He has fallen into the Silva trap of playing people out of position. And when will the team learn to take good, fast corners? We have three or four tall players but they rarely get decent delivery from set pieces. The tactics first half at NUFC were terrible totally lacking in ambition against a mediocre bunch.

I hear that manager at WHU is doing well...
And you were doing so well until that last line

It all depends on how long any given person - me, you, Moshiri, thinks long term is.
He's been here a year and what a strange 1 off year, anyway if its still not much better in another 18mtns, hard questions must be asked
This is the cut off for me, minimum.

We need to swerve completely turning on managers after 18 months in the job full-stop, least of all Carlo Ancelotti. If it's looking like no real tangible on-the-field improvement has been seen by the end of next season then that is the time to start asking the serious questions.. but not now.

We need to swerve completely turning on managers after 18 months in the job full-stop, least of all Carlo Ancelotti. If it's looking like no real tangible on-the-field improvement has been seen by the end of next season then that is the time to start asking the serious questions.. but not now.
If Ancelotti's not living up to his rep It might take that long, before the penny drops for all and sundry. If it does turn to custard I think it will be obvious well before the end of 2021-22.
The improvement will also be obvious too
2021 should be interesting

Right then Mr Huyton Happy Clapper, this is getting very tedious now please explain WHY we should all be forced into liking/supporting Carlo Ancelotti

This is basically what you keep trying to say, you clearly can't handle other peoples views on topics and are coming across as quite unhinged at times

We can't afford to sack the manager at the moment so shouts like that are crazy but in recent games he has made a number of mistakes be they lineups or in game but all stuff that falls on his doorstep so you can't expect people not to comment on them. You and others on here need to stop hanging off his record also, yes he has been a top manager but the bulk of it was years ago and the game has changed quite a bit since then, it's certainly a lot faster for starters.

You need to let people have their views though it's just as relevant as yours and not be having a go or shouting at them because they don't like Carlo or as i said please explain why we should be forced into liking him.

your not being forced are you? - your creating a vendetta over a manager whom we know whoever it maybe will take time to fix us it’s not an overnight thing.

of course like I’ve said a THOUSAND TIMES he’s NOT above criticism.

but he’s also not needing to be sacked quite clearly

Exactly this, where was Moyes after 18 months, 30 months? and then after a lull he brought us a top 4 finish and then established us on the back of that as a top 7/8 side who qualified for Europe and made latter stages of cup competitions. Where was Kendall after 12 months? Where was Ferguson?

We can’t just keep chopping managers. When Martinez came in everyone was almost unanimous in saying he needed time like Moyes had been afforded, he then got that with his third season. For some reason the climate has completely changed now though and Ancelotti wouldn’t be afforded what Moyes got or even what Martinez got. It now seems to be unless he improves us instantly and that improvement continues in a completely linear manner at a quick pace then some natives start getting restless and looking for a quick fix (looking at managers doing well precisely because other clubs have given them time)

Ancelotti reached three CL finals at Milan winning the first and last quite a long time apart from each other. The league form varied in between but the point is that Belrusconi stuck with him because he showed he could continue to deliver trophies over the long term. That’s why I don’t understand the shouts that he’s not a long term manager, he reinvented that Milan team a few times and kept them competitive.

your not being forced are you? - your creating a vendetta over a manager whom we know whoever it maybe will take time to fix us it’s not an overnight thing.

But you are going mad at any poster who does'nt get behind Carlo for some reason, the whole point of a forum is for people to have opinions and share them not everyone is going to agree all the time, that would be boring.
I don't want Carlo sacked mate, i have said that a few times now, i just doubt that the qualities we need in a coach/manager are the sort of things you would associate with Carlo Ancelotti, we will see where we finish at the end of the season.

I was made up when we got Carlo, still am in many ways, but, he is not above criticism. There are pros and cons in his tenure so far.

On the plus side he has brought in James and Allan, neither of whom would have looked at us twice without Carlo. He has been a very classy ambassador for the club and certainly given us more prominence outside of the UK. There have also been some moments of sublime joined up football, the like of which we haven’t seen since Martinez first season.

On the negative side, he has failed to accept that a lot of the players he works with here are just not as good as he is used to, so, consequently, they cannot adapt to the constantly changing formations. He has also sanctioned the loans of Kean and Wallcot and refuses to consider Gordon or Simms, which has led to the abysmal Tosun coming on as a sub 3 times recently, he was bad enough before his injury.

I think his selection for the bench has been questionable to say the least recently, no pace on the bench and not having a back up for Delph when he was given the job as left wing back at Burnley when it was inevitable that Delph would not even last till half time in that position.

So in conclusion, while I am of the opinion that the penny will drop soon and Carlo will realize that until he can get the players he wants in, he will just have to keep things simple and not keep tinkering with formations to accommodate certain players. I also think that it is quite fair and reasonable for people to be questioning him, there are a certain number of posters who seem to think it is fair to attack anyone who questions Carlo.

There's a part of me (although a relatively small part, mind) that thinks he perhaps underestimated how much the pace of the league has picked up since he last managed here with Chelsea.

You can make up for it, to do degree, with a number of real quality players in the lineup but he just doesn't have that here. Perhaps he expects a bit too much from certain players?
It does seem to be the case that you either need a 'philosophy' manager who'll take average/unproven players and train them into becoming a unit that's greater than the sum of its parts, or enough players of surpassing talent to drag the rest of the team up a level.

The only person that’s said they want him sacked is @GwladysBlue to be fair.

Exactly this, where was Moyes after 18 months, 30 months? and then after a lull he brought us a top 4 finish and then established us on the back of that as a top 7/8 side who qualified for Europe and made latter stages of cup competitions. Where was Kendall after 12 months? Where was Ferguson?

We can’t just keep chopping managers. When Martinez came in everyone was almost unanimous in saying he needed time like Moyes had been afforded, he then got that with his third season. For some reason the climate has completely changed now though and Ancelotti wouldn’t be afforded what Moyes got or even what Martinez got. It now seems to be unless he improves us instantly and that improvement continues in a completely linear manner at a quick pace then some natives start getting restless and looking for a quick fix (looking at managers doing well precisely because other clubs have given them time)

Ancelotti reached three CL finals at Milan winning the first and last quite a long time apart from each other. The league form varied in between but the point is that Belrusconi stuck with him because he showed he could continue to deliver trophies over the long term. That’s why I don’t understand the shouts that he’s not a long term manager, he reinvented that Milan team a few times and kept them competitive.
I have explained that i have never been fully convinced that long term he is the type of person we need, the qualities we need in a coach/manager at the moment are just not things you would associate with an Ancelotti team. Where i do agree with you is that we just CANNOT keep changing managers and we need to give him at least another summer window and see where we are at this time next season. He does need to pick it up a hell of a lot at the moment though and he needs to modernize his methods a bit. Also i think people need to stop looking at his record, yes it's impressive but the bulk of it was a long time ago and the game has changed a fair bit since then.

But you are going mad at any poster who does'nt get behind Carlo for some reason, the whole point of a forum is for people to have opinions and share them not everyone is going to agree all the time, that would be boring.
I don't want Carlo sacked mate, i have said that a few times now, i just doubt that the qualities we need in a coach/manager are the sort of things you would associate with Carlo Ancelotti, we will see where we finish at the end of the season.

no I’m not. I’m finding it comical that a debate of sacking him is even being discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.