2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs more time, but he isnt helping himself, two main fullbacks injured and we play a wingback system?
We havnt played well , for ages, look unfit all over the pitch.
Not altering the systems on the pitch when things obviously are not working for the last few weeks .
Phillips last week ran the game, today Burnley sat a player on Allan to stop him playing , why didnt we do it.
Leeds and Burnley are really not that good but managed to appear better or at least on par with us.
I will give him time but he has to take the blame as well as the plaudits,.
His performance levels at the moment are not good , if he was called billy smith from Rotherham , he would be getting hounded for the crap we have been getting served up.

He deserved new full backs this season. Why was he left with Kenny etc? Anyone who watched half an hour of bundesliga last year would know hes not what we need. Nkounkou looks a great little player but we can't rely week on week on a 19 year old kid.

He wasnt backed properly in the summer, that was blatantly obvious. We have a squad which is only ever 2 injuries from a crisis. Or 1, if its DCL.

What on earth is he supposed to do with these abject squad players who have failed every year they've been at the club.

Either the club back him properly or we lose the few good players we have. The squad is not a squad. We have 10 or 11 decent outfield players. Its still a mess and the difference this year is DCL has been phenomenal.
This all over

He's at risk of coming across as a bit Martinez after games.

I'm not having we played a good game and have to accept the performance.

“But we have to accept the result and performance.

“But after 30 minutes we were in the game and, in the end, we played a good game.
Yeah not having that, he’s usually been spot on and honest after games, he hasn’t been today

This is how he should have been going since Digne was out:

Olsen
Holgate Keane Godfrey Nkounkou
Doucoure Allan
Iwobi Rodriguez Richarlison
Calvert Lewin

Or Rodriguez out wide and one of Delph or Davies in the middle.

Its not that bloody hard so why is he making it hard?

Olsen
Doucoure Allan
Calvert Lewin

The latter for me. We need 3 in midfield, so I'd play Davies. Of course that won't please people, but we need balance to get the best out of others.

This squad of players is poor. Take Richarlison out of the team and there is very little. Is that Ancellotti's fault? The difference between 3 at the back or 4 or Gordon for Iwobi or whoever is minimal. The problem is there are 3 players who can score and nobody else.

Olsen
Doucoure Allan
Calvert Lewin

That team would have had the same result as the actual score.

The latter for me. We need 3 in midfield, so I'd play Davies. Of course that won't please people, but we need balance to get the best out of others.

Had he just stuck with what had worked earlier on but the odd tweak here and there we would easily be a good 4-5 points better off imo.

Newcastle
Burnley
Leeds

3 games we literally threw away due to stupid tactics/team selections.

Surely there is a happy medium between this tripe and some bum?

You've all become Newcastle fans - tossing yourselves off over WERLD CLASS Rafael who's won it all despite them playing absolute dog turd and even now they refuse to acknowledge Bruce is doing a better job because WOR Rafael has won stuff years ago with world class teams.

Erm, not sure why you think you can label all Everton fans as Newcastle fans.

I was simply pointing out your comment was a bit silly.

Correct. Do people not think if Ancelotti thought any player was good enough he would not play him. This was always going to take 3/4 years, min, to get this team anywhere near where he wants it, at which point half of this team will have moved on. So fans need to show some respect to a class manager and trust him.
If it’s going to take 3/4 years then you buy players who will be good in 3/4 years. You do not blow your entire budget on short term solutions. In 4 years 4 of the 5 players he’s bought won’t be here, so why have we bought them?!

Had he just stuck with what had worked earlier on but the odd tweak here and there we would easily be a good 4-5 points better off imo.

Newcastle
Burnley
Leeds

3 games we literally threw away due to stupid tactics/team selections.

Its not as simple as that.

There's no magic wand and unfortunately no way of saying we'd have won games by just playing Kenny and Nkounkou. We played them at Newcastle and were awful as a team.

Its a bit like the Sigurdsson obsession. He has been rubbish for a long time (and cost us 2 points today), but people say change him for someone else and our problems disappear. We are just as bad with him as without him because the alternatives are equally bad.

The squad is awful. Its not a squad. Its an embarrassment to everyone involved given how much money we've spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.