2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts exactly. Very pleased to have got him and the start of the season has had me ridiculously optimistic but there is some things that I can't understand:-

Siggurdson/Gomes...... Should be nowhere near the side of squad for that matter.

Recent formation and tactics.... I understand that we have no backup at full back but the choices have been weird. Nkoukou and Gordon should be given chances.
What I don't understand is that both Nkounkou and Gordon have looked very good when they have played this season in the league cup, nor anywhere near out of their depth when played in the premier. Other players, as you say, have been awful at times but are given chance after chance.

Yes, but which teams has Ancelotti been successful with?
I’m just not buying in to the idea that Ancelotti can only manage a top club. Even if that were true, the difference between Everton and a top team is the squad of players. Carlo will have the resources to build the squad but it takes a little time. So given time and resources we will have one of the best managers in the world managing a squad that can translate his ideas onto the pitch. The problem is as fans we want it all today and it just isn’t possible.

Look at Southampton and how they are playing now, who would have thought that after the 9-0 loss to Leicester. They stuck with a manager that they believed in. Stability in and around a team is crucial.

Changing the ‘culture’ in a team takes years not months.

It's official - Carlo hates the kids.

Even hates them as options to have off the bench?

If young players can't get near the first team or match day squad, when we have injuries and suspensions, then they are never going to make it.

Flash, Neil's etc might as well stick a transfer request in now - might get to play some footy, for someone/anyone, in January?

At least he's banished Sigurdsson and Gomes from the team and not thrown them back in during an injury crisis. That's one very good thing he's done for us.

I'd not have them anywhere near the squad if I'm honest

Very similar players,. Technically gifted but have zero hunger or desire.
Gomes looks nothing like the player he was when he was on loan. Pundits were raving about him and saying we wouldn’t be able to keep him at Everton. Crazy.

Anyway, still think people need to let Carlo get on with the job for a bit. Another couple of wins and it’s a very different outlook heading into January. Tough games coming up but we always seem to be pull out the odd result. Then lose games to lower half of the table dross when we have a chance to surge up the table. ‘Twas ever thus....

Carlo magnifico.

Get your bed sheets changed you pansies.

I forgot that you can all see the players day in, day out, and can make all the right decisions.

Proper arm chair fans in here, go load up you're football managers, don't forget to use you're in game editors.

Carlo magnifico.

Get your bed sheets changed you pansies.

I forgot that you can all see the players day in, day out, and can make all the right decisions.

Proper arm chair fans in here, go load up you're football managers, don't forget to use you're in game editors.

Football manager got well too complicated for me mate.

So I just type on here nowadays.

Another strange decision that nobody is mentioning is the keeper Olsen. Looked terrific in his one appearance, then immediately dropped and now not even on the bench for the last 2 games?? Utterly baffling decisions this manager is making.

Status
Not open for further replies.