2020/21 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s always his defensive partners who get the blame but it’s club foot thats always the common denominator, absolutely bang average who has a little good patch every several months. Stuck with him now though for another 5 years on massive wage, should’ve tried to get our money back and get quality in
“It’s always his defensive partners who get the blame” exactly, while he gets in the way playing statue’s, did it twice early on in the game yesterday and would have been punished only for rank bad efforts by Leeds forwards.

He's done well to turn his situation around and play for England again, but if he's your number one defender, you're in trouble.

I never expected him to be particularly quick or elegant, but his lack of upper-body strength is pathetic.

....although he made a mistake towards the end, I thought Zouma looked very good for Chelsea today. He really is the type we need, I just hope Godfrey can fill the void.

We have to go with Godfrey and Holgate in a back 4. It seems so obvious to me...

Having said that, we will probably need to play Keane against burnley...though id go with Mina myself.

This Gabriel lad for Arsenal looks good.

Well, i never lol

I did go on about him for a few months when we were linked, hes class.

Should have signed him when the deal was ready to be done back in March time.

Instead Brands pooped the bed....

@ForeverBlue92

We have to go with Godfrey and Holgate in a back 4. It seems so obvious to me...

Having said that, we will probably need to play Keane against burnley...though id go with Mina myself.

Well, i never lol

@ForeverBlue92

...to be honest Zat, I’m not convinced with Holgate. I know this will be unpopular. His attitude is first class and he did terrific seizing his chance last season, but he invariably slows the game because he’s ponderous in possession. He’ll more often than not go back to Pickford and we look a much better team playing with tempo.

i don’t think he’s particularly fast and he’s not the biggest so he can come off 2nd best physically.

We’re a bit of a mess, but despite my criticism of Keane he’d be the one I’d play with Godfrey and let them establish a partnership.

...to be honest Zat, I’m not convinced with Holgate. I know this will be unpopular. His attitude is first class and he did terrific seizing his chance last season, but he invariably slows the game because he’s ponderous in possession. He’ll more often than not go back to Pickford and we look a much better team playing with tempo.

i don’t think he’s particularly fast and he’s not the biggest so he can come off 2nd best physically.

We’re a bit of a mess, but despite my criticism of Keane he’d be the one I’d play with Godfrey and let them establish a partnership.

I remember Holgate chasing down players + also his leadership and snide could be very important.

For me, if he can work on reading the game then hes clear 1st choice.

Would play him with Godfrey and punt keane into oblivion.

An ok defender who has his moments but isn’t good enough or consistent enough to warrant a place at a club that should be doing better. There I said it.
He isnt ok. He isnt the nothing man of football.Cant play football, cant run, cant defend. He should try darts.

I remember Holgate chasing down players + also his leadership and snide could be very important.

For me, if he can work on reading the game then hes clear 1st choice.

Would play him with Godfrey and punt keane into oblivion.

...we shouldn’t dismiss young Branthwaite, he might force himself into the reckoning given how classy he looked before his injury.

Well, i never lol

@ForeverBlue92

As I recall the fee was very high and the potential wage was sky high as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.