reality check

Status
Not open for further replies.
As is always the case.....truth is we are somewere in the middle of the bi-polar reactions after results.

Our losses against Southampton, Newcastle, Utd and Leeds on top of holding on for dear life against Palace and Fulham tell a different story.

At the moment we are poor.

I can understand with Richarlison out why we might be so poor but with just full backs missing (albeit very good ones) it shows once again we have vertebrate made from jelly.

Another crap finish this season will only lead to the likes of Richarlison wanting to leave. Rodriguez, despite his love for Ancelotti. won’t wanna stick around scrapping for 10th place Everton. The vultures will be circling for Digne. DCL May have his head turned.

I get we are a work in progress but given the talent we have and the idea of us wanting to kick on and prove we can challenge there also has to be some form of success. To show these players that we are serious and that we do have potential. If we can’t even achieve a Europa league place at least this season then we may as well just give up.

....I thought we have serious investment.

it’s not just about having investment, it’s about how you spend the money.

We bought players that gave a good Spurs team a lesson but we are just inconsistent and unfocused. I don't think it matters who we have in our team the majority of players that end up here will coast as soon as times get tough.

Weve had 30 years of reality checks. I'd like the reality to change at some point.

We are the most predictable team in English football. Not been relegated in about 60 years thankfully and far too good always to go down. But nowhere near good enough to ever actually challenge in the top 6 or so or to win something.

Genuinely don't see the point of us at the minute. We exist to plod along doing absolutely nothing of note. If we get into a good position, we take two steps back. Nothing will ever change.

Spot on that - I've said for a while if we aint competing for europe or trophies I couldn't give a toss where we finish even if we went down - whats been so amazing these past few years floating around midtable?

Honestly couldn't care less anymore I will always support us no matter where we play or in what league but these last few years have been shocking.

Mates a Villa fan and despite being relegated has had more good times going to Wembley with his lad seeing them promoted than I've had taking the lad to GP under Koeman/Sam/Silva.

....I thought we have serious investment.

it’s not just about having investment, it’s about how you spend the money.
This.
Moshiri’s investment in transfer fees is colossal, possibly only surpassed by ManC and ManU in recent seasons? He continued this in summer 2020, when many other clubs in the EPL and across the continent reined it in due to the financial crisis in football. Before CV19, he was bankrolling £106m annual losses, with wages almost equalling income.
If anything is wrong, it’s the people spending his money.

lol

I meant as a club mate not as fans.

What’s the point in us splashing millions out on new managers and new players if you don’t reap any rewards?

Haven’t expected miracles this season have never expected instant success but there’s enough quality in this side on paper to at least challenge for a Europa League spot. Ancelotti, in his own words told Richarlison he believes we have a good chance to compete for a Champions League place this season, if we are selling that to our players and those wishing to join us then we have to practice what we preach. I get it’s still relatively early and there’s not much in the table still yet but games like today and of recent doesn’t scream we have the squad and quality to compete. Recently I’m getting Marco Silva vibes with the team selections, options on the bench and the apparent game plans.

I don’t know how old you are, but the last four players you mention are crap, and I’d say Baines, Pienaar and Lukaku were better than the first three you mention. Arteta was better than all of them.
I’m 32.
On top form I think Baines and Digne are equally top class.
On top form I think Richarlison and James are much better than Pienaar at peak.
DCL isn’t as good as Lukaku yet yeah but a team with James, Digne, Richarlison, Allan and DCL this season should be doing better

We flattered to deceive in some of the early season games of truth be told. Both of the home games v West Brom and Brighton could easily have gone the other way. Fine margins. We are a side that will finish 11th to 14th.

I’m 32.
On top form I think Baines and Digne are equally top class.
On top form I think Richarlison and James are much better than Pienaar at peak.
DCL isn’t as good as Lukaku yet yeah but a team with James, Digne, Richarlison, Allan and DCL this season should be doing better
So it’s the same old story of 2 or 3 good players surrounded by absolute guff, it’s been like that for decades and this side is no different, as will be proven when we finish mid table once again.

This is the life of a Blue I am afraid. We have been mismanaged from top to bottom for the past 25 years.....there is light tho....we have the manager....we have a few very good players....but there is no quick fix....its going to take time.....and quite a bit of luck players wise

Status
Not open for further replies.